• Little Feat - "Roll Um Easy"
  • The Cars - "Since You're Gone"
  • Leonard Cohen - "Suzanne"
  • Everclear - "Santa Monica"
  • Fugazi - "Waiting Room"
  • The Rolling Stones - "Emotional Rescue"
  • Bruce Springsteen - "Born to Run"
  • Warren Zevon - "Werewolves of London"

Much as it pains me to deliberately not name any Mike Oldfield, I've got a disparate mix.

Donald Fagen - IGY

Egg - A Visit To Newport Hospital

Bloom 06 - Fall

National Health - Tenemos Roads

Little Feet - Willin'

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

Taj Mahal - Blues Aint Nothin'

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Tom Jones - Delilah

The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman

Crash Test Dummies - The Unforgiven Ones

Taurus II...

and

... Crises, Amarok, TB Pt1, TB Pt2, Ommadawn Pt1, Ommadawn Pt2, Taurus 1, The Wind Chimes, The Lake, Mont St Michel, Incantations Pt1, Incantations Pt2, Incantations Pt3, Incantations Pt4, Art In Heaven, Orabidoo, Music From The Balcony, Hergest Ridge Pt1, Hergest Ridge Pt2, First Steps, The Orchesteral Hergest Ridge Pt1, The Orchesteral Hergest Ridge Pt2, The Orchestral Tubular Bells Pt1, The Orchestral Tubular Bells Pt2, Amadian Part 2, Ayers, Hello Everyone and Light In No Mans Land

Are all perfect songs by Mike Oldfield. But thats just the perfect ones which are longer than 10:00. Theres more shorter ones too.

Taurus II...

and

... Crises, Amarok, TB Pt1, TB Pt2, Ommadawn Pt1, Ommadawn Pt2, Taurus 1, The Wind Chimes, The Lake, Mont St Michel, Incantations Pt1, Incantations Pt2, Incantations Pt3, Incantations Pt4, Art In Heaven, Orabidoo, Music From The Balcony, Hergest Ridge Pt1, Hergest Ridge Pt2, First Steps, The Orchesteral Hergest Ridge Pt1, The Orchesteral Hergest Ridge Pt2, The Orchestral Tubular Bells Pt1, The Orchestral Tubular Bells Pt2, Amadian Part 2, Ayers, Hello Everyone and Light In No Mans Land

Are all perfect songs by Mike Oldfield. But thats just the perfect ones which are longer than 10:00. Theres more shorter ones too.

I don't know man, I love Mike Oldfield's music dearly, but I wouldn't classify everything he's ever done as perfect (case in point, I can't even listen to the Tubular Bells sequels -- II, III, etc.). I mean, would you really rank Music from the Balcony up there with his best work -- Tubular Bells and Amarok and Ommadawn and whatnot?

I don't know man, I love Mike Oldfield's music dearly, but I wouldn't classify everything he's ever done as perfect (case in point, I can't even listen to the Tubular Bells sequels -- II, III, etc.). I mean, would you really rank Music from the Balcony up there with his best work -- Tubular Bells and Amarok and Ommadawn and whatnot?

Music From the Balcony could have been the second bonus track to fill an 80 minute CD after Amarok. It's less well balanced overall, but more wacky and strange in many ways, and stands apart from the tired and cheap jibes at Virgin Records which are the pop songs on the album.

The weakest piece on that list I vomited up is probably Art In Heaven.

DEVO - Satisfaction

Rolling Stones - Wild Horses

Neil Young - Dopn't Let It Bring You Down

The Who - Bargain, behind Blue Eyes

Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand

Led Zeppelin - Tangerine

Beck - Already Dead

Godsmack - Touche

Mudvayne - Fall Into Sleep

The Smithereens - Blood and Roses

Frank Zappa - Crew Slut

ZZ Top - Heard It on the X

The Pursuit of Happiness - I'm an Adult Now

The Subhumans - Slave to My Dick

Ac/DC - Gone Shootin, It's Your Love, Shot Down In Flames

Jane's Addiction - 3 Days

Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him

Badfinger - No Matter What

Hoobastank - Disappear

Rhianna - Good Girl Gone Bad

Cool, didn't think many others knew/liked her. I love "Walk And Talk Like Angels" a lot, too.

I'm a big fan, and I love "Walk And Talk Like Angels" too. She reaches a new level with her voice on that song. I love the African flavor of Union, and was very surprised at how serious the tone was on House of Hope. Serious but brilliant all the same. I like The Woman's Boat, but much less than the other two.

Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Bobbie Gentry - Ode to Billie Joe

Kathy Mattea - Where've You Been

Lone Justice - Wheels

Rod Stewart - Maggie May

Barbra Streisand - Evergreen

Spandau Ballet - True

Midnight Oil -- Blue Sky Mine
Vera noice.
Donald Fagen - IGY

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

Also vera noice.

It would take me hours to compile a list worthy of this thread..... there are a lot of perfect songs. First one that comes to mind, however, is "I'm Mandy, Fly Me" by 10cc, from my Desert Island Album, 1976's _How Dare You_