Fang's new orthos shipping

CarlSeibert

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs more bass. Dont get me wrong, the bass is good, but I would like more.

heh..if that's true then it means I'll probably be returning mine for sure then...:D

orthos leaving you wanting for moar bass is just wrong. IMO of course.:P

I think once you get accustomed to O2 bass, no other bass will do. Thus I will try to forget it exists.:( I don't mind a leaner bass anyway, as you know.

Mini-meet ftw. And carpool ftw. Does it become a real mini-meet if I bring a couple of headphones? :P I'd try to bring the CR-620 but it's effing huge. Definitely no space for it in your room.

Yeah. I have the go ahead though to try different pads on it, and I have a spare set of O2 pads here. Should definitely help the bass out. Certainly feel free to bring other headphones.

tempted to send you my LCD-1 after the Houston meet...

:)

Seems like Audeze is coming to the NYC meet :)

Sweet! The LCD2 is near the top of my want to hear list right now.

heh..if that's true then it means I'll probably be returning mine for sure then...:D

orthos leaving you wanting for moar bass is just wrong. IMO of course.:P

Yeah, I kinda suspect that you will be disappointed by the bass on these. What is there is good, but its definitely not NoNoNoNoNoNo bass.

What is there is good, but its definitely not NoNoNoNoNoNo bass.

I like the sound of that.:)

So, Dusty, which weekends work best for you? And Marc, let us know if you're going to send the modded LCD-1 up here. I definitely wouldn't want to miss hearing it, with all the good things being said about it. I usually have lessons Saturday afternoons but may be able to schedule around them or move them, or we can just go with Sundays.

The LCD-2 is where the bass is at. Some of the most wonderful bass I've ever heard - deep, impactful, controlled, and fast. I'm not much of a basshead myself, but even I can learn to love.

Aye...looks like they did take my criticism of the LCD-1 to heart :P Can't wait to listen to the LCD-2.

And being a "basshead" isn't a bad thing.

The LCD-2 is where the bass is at. Some of the most wonderful bass I've ever heard - deep, impactful, controlled, and fast. I'm not much of a basshead myself, but even I can learn to love.

Hm, John (jp#) said the LCD-2 had a leaner, faster sound than the HE5. Aman, I'm guessing you disagree with this?

edit: such a nice headphone btw that ID1.

I can imagine you stroking it with loving affection as you say that.:dance:

...bass head, bass head, nya nya nya nya bass head... [runs away]

[comes back, grabs microphone]

Extremism in the pursuit of strong, well-controlled and clean bass is no vice! [runs away again]

:doghuh:

Colin, I'll plan on sending the modded LCD-1 your way. I'll drop them in the mail on Monday via Priority Mail, I'm assuming that will be enough time for you to receive them (and the envelope of cash that will be included) and post how much better they are than anything you've heard?

I can imagine you stroking it with loving affection as you say that.:dance:

MOre like surprise and respect, that the big daddy of commercial orthos sounds soo good after close to 40 years and that too stock.

Had loaned it to Don and he thought it was a toss up between his modded Yh-100 and the ID-1, that the ID1 was in the class of the T50V1, which isn't surprising. I have the T10 which I consider to be so very lose to the T50V1 as well, but the ID1 is better voiced for my tastes. The mids aren't as forward as the T10. The T10 is moar non-fatiguing though. That bass hump still gets you after a while no matter how much of a basshead I am :P

Hoping to receive Fang's He-5 in the mail today. I have a great collection of orthos here (Don's beloved T10 and HP-50 included) , so will surely put the HE-5 through its paces and see what's what.

edit: Oh, and signed up to be on the Audeze LCD-2 owner's list. :cool:

I wish I could hear a T50v1 to actually know what class that is, but by all accounts, it's amazing. My definition of good sound seems to be kind of different from the majority, even of the ortho crew, so don't let my craziness get to you.:P I actually think mids that are too forward are fatiguing; moreso if they're aggressive. Not sure about a bass hump headphone, I've always immediately damped my orthos upon receiving them and the only bassy headphone I owned that I didn't mod was the MP Sextett, which I immediately sold off. Can't wait for your impressions on the HE5 and a comparison with the LCD2 later on.

Hm, John (jp#) said the LCD-2 had a leaner, faster sound than the HE5. Aman, I'm guessing you disagree with this?

Faster yes, but I don't know that I'd say leaner, although I spent much more time with the LCD-2 at the show than the HE-5 and never tried to do a direct comparison, so I could be misremembering.

What amps will be present? IMO both the T50 v1 and the LCD-1 can take full advantage of an upscale, powerful amp.

Also, I believe I have both a 4 pin XLR to dual 3 pin XLR adapter and 4 pin XLR to TRS, if needed. Marc can drop them in the same box (Both LCD-1 and T50 v1 are terminated 4 pin XLR).

Edited by swt61

Might as well send along that F5 :rofl:

I don't know what Colin has now (probably something awesome) but think I'm going to try and bring my 620 (and SRD box) just for shits and giggles, to see if it can actually fit somewhere in Colin's room. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to leave it in Dusty's car. And then he might get pissed it's taking up so much space and just chuck it out the window when I'm not looking.

Don't let the conservative output power rating of 35W/ch fool you; this thing really grabs drivers by the balls and makes them move. Its sound signature is the epitome of wire with gain... extremely neutral, revealing, fast.

:doghuh:

Colin, I'll plan on sending the modded LCD-1 your way. I'll drop them in the mail on Monday via Priority Mail, I'm assuming that will be enough time for you to receive them (and the envelope of cash that will be included) and post how much better they are than anything you've heard?

Woot!

:blink:

With the hordes of 'stats Colin has and the awesome orthos present, this minimeet is going to be epic. Thanks. I'll be bringing along the light modded SR-X and SR-5NB pretty much as a frame of reference but they're most likely inferior.

The Lambda Sigs are gone, but replaced by SR007mk1, so definitely a good trade IMO.

What amps will be present? IMO both the T50 v1 and the LCD-1 can take full advantage of an upscale, powerful amp.

Also, I believe I have both a 4 pin XLR to dual 3 pin XLR adapter and 4 pin XLR to TRS, if needed. Marc can drop them in the same box (Both LCD-1 and T50 v1 are terminated 4 pin XLR).

Right now, I just have a millett max and Hafler DH-120 here, though I expect to get my E810F or D3A spud amp running between now and then. Only stupid 1/4" terminations on my stuff for now, though I dunno what Dusty has.

Might as well send along that F5 :rofl:

I don't know what Colin has now (probably something awesome) but think I'm going to try and bring my 620 (and SRD box) just for shits and giggles, to see if it can actually fit somewhere in Colin's room. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to leave it in Dusty's car. And then he might get pissed it's taking up so much space and just chuck it out the window when I'm not looking.

Don't let the conservative output power rating of 35W/ch fool you; this thing really grabs drivers by the balls and makes them move. Its sound signature is the epitome of wire with gain... extremely neutral, revealing, fast.

Can spread out from my room if needed, we will make it work. I will also, you know, try and maybe clean up a bit (aka, throw all the crap I can into the closet).

actually ........ maybe Colin can take a look at it?

:D

me need moar time!

Woot, F5!