Laptops without touchpads?

I shat a brick when I saw 256GB SSD and then I shat another brick when I saw the price. Nice. You should probably try out the mini keyboard before buying, unless you're going to hook up an external one. My dad uses a 10" Acer Aspire One and it's pretty cramped, so I don't even know how small the keys would have to be on an 8". Maybe you could just use your two index fingers.

Edit: With the second one you're stuck with the 1.33GHz Atom, which is highly underpowered in most applications. Even the 1.6 and 1.66GHz versions aren't that fast.

Edit 2: I forgot to add that with your eyesight and the small size of the screen, it might be hard to read stuff.

it doesn't actually take long to transition to track pads once you decide you want to. And having a wrist support is a semi-big deal
Look, the OP said he wasn't interested, it's not really up for discussion.

Sounds just like those "what kind of desktop speakers should I get for my computer"/"you need a DAC" threads.

Personally I would suggest getting a lenovo as they are pretty solid. I don't personally know anyone with a broken down lenovo laptop.

I would stay away from hp because of their overheating problems. Both my dad and my laptop are dead because of the same problem and hp wants $400 USD to fix it.

Also to me, Sony laptop seems to be somewhat overpriced. Just my $0.02.