Modern Warfare 2

Chekhonte

I stayed up late and played about 2 or 3 hours of modern warfare last night. The single player is silly over the top and fun if you suspend your disbelief. The multiplayer feels pretty much the same which could be a good or bad thing depending on how much of its predecessor you played and got sick of. I played it out and haven't touched it in about a year. Getting back my skills are week and I get my sigmoid handed to me.

I haven't beat it yet, I haven't had a chance to play since my last post. If it's about the same length as the first then it'll be fine with me. The quality is still pretty high and the fighting is intense. I really like pushing through waves of enemies while trying to take cover most of the time in vain. So far there hasen't been anything close to anything as awesome as the sniper level but I'm probably only 1/3 to 1/4 through it.

My thirysomething yo friend at work stood in line with the kids(not my kids) and purchased this game(Xbox 360, limited edition something or other, with the little book and all..). He took the next day off work just to start playing it. The rest of us that have to tolerate work with him can judge by his apparent good mood that it must be a pretty good game(for him, which is good for us;)).

Did you/Do you feel the single player is too short? Some of the reviews have mentioned this, but if I remember correctly, so was the first.

I honestly thought I was about half way through when the game ended. Obviously set up for a follow-up game because the story line was far from over when the credits started rolling. I thought it was very short and fairly easy game on the regular setting.

Outside of that the graphics and gameplay were fantastic.

I honestly thought I was about half way through when the game ended. Obviously set up for a follow-up game because the story line was far from over when the credits started rolling. I thought it was very short and fairly easy game on the regular setting.

Outside of that the graphics and gameplay were fantastic.

That short huh? I got the game, but I haven't had a chance to play it at all yet. How many hours would you say that you sunk into it?

I got distracted by the multiplayer and haven't finished the single player yet. My feelings on the game are mixed... given that they didn't use a new graphics engine, the magnitude of graphics improvement between COD4 and MW2 is really impressive - the game is stunning. But the multiplayer to me is a mixed bag. I think the level design is excellent, but they have definitely made it a little more arcade-y - I can't stand dying 4 times in a row because some guy picked up an AC130 killstreak. The balance is a little off and the pace is more frenetic than in COD4.

I didn't like the multiplayer at first because there were so many campers it was crazy. Now that people have started learning the maps and playing more tactically it's a lot more fun. It feels a little like an expansion to me but the multiplayer community makes it worth it.

They have also improved the "challenges" too so gaining EXP is a little more rewarding. One of the things that I didn't really like was that if you had a favorite gun you'd go through the challenges rather quickly. This game has further challenges with each weapon so you can use it longer and still rack up challenge exp. It was a little nice that if you wanted extra exp in the first game then you'd have to use different weapons. There were a lot of mediocre weapons in the first game though and it was a drag at times.