Airline fu#!ed up my TF10

forbigger

I was on the way up to US from Asia and transit at HK and bought airline adapter. As soon as the plane took off I plug the TF10 with the adapter into the airline seat. I leave the TF10 for a while and do some reading. When I'm ready to watch some inflight entertainment, I hold the left IEM and it burned my hand. Apparently the plastic right in between black and blue part melted (in the inside part) and I can faintly smell burning smells

When it cold down I tried and have lost the bass responses. There's no bass at all on left channel. I guess the low driver was burned. I dont have any idea if I buy a screwed up airline adapter or its the headphone port thats causing this.

Now perhaps a member here have some leftover amazon deals that they willing to part with some profit ? I have grown to like it a lot and been using it constantly as my travel rig. With the recent purchase galore of headphones I'm very low on cash......

• 2 weeks later...
anyway, just got off the phone with UE support. They promised to send me a replacement once they got my fried driver. Will cross my fingers on that.

My store does some good business with Logitech/UE and their handling of issues like this is usually pretty satisfactory. I know for example if we have any problems with our cheap Logitech speakers, they get a rep to bring by replacements in a day or two-- not so great given other company's responses.

Although, I tried speaking to the Logitech rep one time about us carrying the higher end universal UE IEMS and he had next to no idea what I was talking about. :)