i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Those 2  175KOhm  and 500 Ohm resistors are there if you use the 2SA1968. devices.

That board leaves them out as it uses the IXYS devices and the 1KOhm and 1.2KOhm resistors underneath the device.

The empty spot next to the 2 resistors is for a LED.

Edited by wink

Are there boards available for this build?  I was asked if I could build one today and I said I would look into it.  I see some recent builds are being done so I assume parts can still be sourced if I look hard enough.  I'm already looking for hard to find parts to get my T2 started so why no t add this to the mix.

Are there boards available for this build?  I was asked if I could build one today and I said I would look into it.  I see some recent builds are being done so I assume parts can still be sourced if I look hard enough.  I'm already looking for hard to find parts to get my T2 started so why no t add this to the mix.

Contact Lil' Knight!

Music is flowing, finaly. Very hudge sound, so much more power than my T1, everything is better, soundstage coming more in front, dynamics, and à lot more.

Many thanks to all of you. À big thank you to Spritzer, à hudge one to head incluons !!!! :-)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1359833299.516590.jpg

Just a quick question... I've figured that it's the HiFi2000 Pesante case. 2U 400 mm.

However, the on/off-button, pot placement and Stax-output, since both you and spritzer seem to use the same layout. Any drawings you would like to share?

Thinking of using the exact same layout. Why make things more complicated than they should be.. ;)

Thx,

V

Tran just did another board production, so he should have plenty for sale.

Getting there. Still designing the front and back panels.

Thank you Birgir for sharing your ideas on wiring.

very nice! definately takes up much less space than the off-board or two cases.

Any comment on the temp of the heatsinks?

That's actually very cool for on-board.

Were those measured with enclosed case or just open? Because the heatsink on PSU definately feels a lot hotter with the case enclosed... (that's without the amp output devices adding to it.)

Mine is off-board, same as your first one... so they should be very similar...

I don't have a temp measuring tool, but it feels like some where between 60 and 70.

Finger can only stay on there for like 2~3 sec. The covering plate right above those sinks are like 45 (very good hand warmer,) and the big sinks for the amp output devices are like 40 (can barely feel the heat with my hand.)

I don't want to imagine having all those heat in one enclore with some vent holes and only a few on-board sinks for heat dissipation. I really can see the case itself getting very very warm to the touch, especially during summer...

Can anyone with a finished on-board one case KGSSHV comment on it?