Quirky Pivot Power Flexible Power Strip

boomana

Maybe these are old news, but I'm often slow at finding this stuff. I have trouble both at work and at home with power strips that can basically charge my two phones, computer, maybe my slim, ipad, etc at the same time. I just bought one of these and will see how it works.

quirky_pivot_power_1.jpg

quirky | Pivot Power Flexible Power Strip

Any one else try it or have a better solution?

Vicky, if you go to Radio Shack (or similar) they sell wallwarts which are switchable to various output voltages. These type of wallwarts also have various tips you can use to match the unit that you wish to charge. Although not cheap you may be able to get by with just one wallwart and various tips.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your recommendation, but it's the bulkiness of my various chargers that's the problem, not output voltages. I'll have a power strip with five or whatever-number spots, but can't use them all, since the chargers get in the way of each other. This eliminates that by being able to curve it around to accommodate them.

mrarroyo: what if she needs to charge multiple devices at the same time?

That's it. I'm trying to charge three - five things at the same time.

Nebby, so that strip seems nifty, but if you rotate down a bit, don't you then have the problem that the chargers, if bulky, are hitting on the floor and raising the whole strip up?

Am I making sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but not sure if I'm saying it in a way that is understandable.

Vicki, you're certainly making sense. What I found was that most of the chargers I have don't have polarized plugs, so I just plug them with the tail end upwards. If you have polarized plugs then I guess the better solution would be the power strip that you linked in the OP.

Vicki, the best solution I've found for myself are the Ziotek Power Strip Liberator cables...

liberator.jpg

They're relatively inexpensive and you don't need to replace your existing power/surge strips. Ebay is just one option for them.

power strip liberators items - Get great deals on Electronics, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...