2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF

Asr

Saw over at HF that Justin is coming, whooooo! Hey Marc and swt, you guys coming too? The more the merrier! I'm sad Greg isn't coming though. :(

Haven't booked a hotel yet but I'll probably be staying at the Hyatt Regency now (a hop and a skip away from the venue Marriott). (Hotel offer still stands btw, see page 1.) Hey JP, will you and most of the vendors be flying in on Thursday? If so, will definitely make it down to Denver on Thursday night to join you guys.

As for beer I can bring whatever anyone might want that's on boulderbeer.com and/or oskarblues.com, just let me know. Gotta represent the Boulder-brewed beer.

I want a Cricket burger at Duffy's Cherry Cricket.

I've never been to that place but have heard it's pretty good, would like to try it myself.

I've got all new joints this year. The best of Denver.

Awesome, looking forward to 'em Tyler. :)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe the event's next weekend, time really flew by (been preoccupied with other things recently to really notice). Looking forward to hanging out with everyone that'll be there. Between the headphones, speakers, beer, & food, should be a smashing time. I'm looking forward to getting drunk for the last time. :)

Mike no kidding around bring chap stick after 1 day Greg, Jude and I were willing to pay $50 for a damn chap stick. It gets ungodly dry in that hotel.

'tis true Mike. Remember you will be coming from a region that experiences something like 63% humidity to a hotel that I swear gets no better than 16% humidity. I would recommend that you bring lots of moisturizer lest you wake up the next morning feeling like Tutankhamun.

Mummy.jpg

Would definitely be cool if you made it out Peter. :) IIRC, the drive from CA is about 18 hours (well at least it took that long from SJ going down to SD for the southern route through AZ and NM). I'm guessing you'd go through Las Vegas and then Utah for a shorter trip.

Add Justin, Jude, Tyll (I'm guessing - he was here last year but I can't remember if he was still with HeadRoom at that point), and the usual staple of HF vendors (Jack Wu & family, Fang, Jerry Harvey, Ray, etc) plus the local CO contingent.

Would definitely be cool if you made it out Peter. :) IIRC, the drive from CA is about 18 hours (well at least it took that long from SJ going down to SD for the southern route through AZ and NM). I'm guessing you'd go through Las Vegas and then Utah for a shorter trip.

I scoped it out to be about 16hrs from my locale. I doubt I'd be doing it all in one go, as the trip would also be a good excuse to catch some nice scenes in UT/CO.

Yeah lots of opportunities for that. ;) If you haven't been through UT or CO before I'd recommend stopping at Canyonlands or Arches National Park (Utah) and then either Aspen, Vail, or Breckenridge in CO. There's really nothing else of note between Moab (UT) and Denver along I-70 (unless you want to take a side trip either north or south of the highway). The fall colors are already fading though, so you might miss them, or you might be able to still catch them, who knows.

Clearly I was totally off the mark about the 18 hours, I must've been thinking about another roadtrip I did. :palm:

Clearly I was totally off the mark about the 18 hours, I must've been thinking about another roadtrip I did. :palm:

I don't think so, the bay area is quite a bit further west than my location, and it sounds like you went a bit out of the way. It is in the ballpark though.

I was looking mostly at the UT parks, and thinking about going through Aspen and Independence Pass. Might just speed over to CO on the way there, and mozy through UT on the way home.

Hey. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys next week. Last year I had dinner with Ray + Ted of Cable Pro one night, then with Ray, Fang and Jack Wu and their families the second night. I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys more and get to know you better.

My son (HeadFanatic) will be with me, but the mythical Blutarsky will not make it for overnight stay because of his travel schedule. He might stop in Saturday to say hi before he flies out on Sunday, but he doesn't believe that he can stay. Therefore, if someone is needy for a room with a bed at the Marriott, I could share a bed with my son and free up the other bed for you if you split the room cost. The floor or bathtub however is free. I'm told that I have the exact same room for Friday and Saturday that I had last year, on the 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard near to the headphone room, and it had 2 double beds. (just checked and my reservation says I am guaranteed 2 doubles)