2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF

Asr

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stereophile pre-show hype including a mention of "CanJam": Stereophile: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest: Bigger than Ever

I can confirm that the venue Marriott and the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn are indeed sold out and have been for weeks. Good thing there's a 3rd hotel in the proximity (the Hyatt Regency), otherwise there wouldn't really be any other nearby hotels (within walking distance anyway) to help with spillover.

is anyone arriving thursday night? what is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

There's the cheapest way, the RTD light rail at under $10 but it'd involve at least two transfers and would take more than an hour of transit time. It'd be faster (and more convenient for travelers w/ luggage) to take the SuperShuttle, there's a discounted rate to $19 one-way on the RMAF Web site: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2010

Or I could easily swing by to pick you up provided your landing time is after 6:30 PM, just call (or text me) on my cell to let me know your flight info. The airport will be on my way down into Denver anyway.

There's the cheapest way, the RTD light rail at under $10 but it'd involve at least two transfers and would take more than an hour of transit time. It'd be faster (and more convenient for travelers w/ luggage) to take the SuperShuttle, there's a discounted rate to $19 one-way on the RMAF Web site: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2010

Or I could easily swing by to pick you up provided your landing time is after 6:30 PM, just call (or text me) on my cell to let me know your flight info. The airport will be on my way down into Denver anyway.

ill look into the shuttle...do you know if it goes from the hotel back to the airport?

ill be arriving around 7pm thursday. phone # i have for you ends in 5771

I just reserved a shuttle from airport to hotel. Unfortunately, the return trip would require me to leave at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday for a 5:00 p.m. flight so I will be looking for an alternative, probably a taxis.

Mike, if that's your take-off time I would recommend being at the airport no later than 3 PM - since boarding would be at 4:30 and delays aren't uncommon, plus the security line that time of day would be pretty long. Not counting added time for checked baggage (add at least 30 mins) as I assume you'd have only carry-ons. If needed, I (or one of the other CO locals) can just take you to the airport.

ill look into the shuttle...do you know if it goes from the hotel back to the airport?

ill be arriving around 7pm thursday. phone # i have for you ends in 5771

I'm sure there's a SuperShuttle for going to the airport since lots of other people will probably be using it, probably just have to call ahead. Info's in that link I posted. Yeah could definitely pick you up then, and that should be my cell #.

It does but for me the time for pickup at the hotel was 4 1/2 hours before my flight leaves. Are you leaving Sunday? If so, when is your flight?

i wish. i guess i could consider packing it up early and leaving sunday, but its a little late for that now. there were no late sunday flights that were practical. so leaving monday afternoon

checked the flights again. i'd have to take a 10am shuttle on Sunday to make any of the flights that don't result in an overnight layover. so still Monday. really hate that this is 3 days + 2 days of travel.

What time is your flight on Monday? I could theoretically take Monday off from work (have a variety of reasons to do it) and take you to the airport, if I could crash in your hotel room Sunday night.

Steve, it would be great if a local could get me over to the airport. It would save me around $40 but I hate to take anyone away from the show.

If you want a car ride to the airport just say the word and I'll provide it. :) Won't really mind missing the show for a bit, plus it's not that far away anyway. If there's anyone else catching a flight around the same time....

Just checking in here to say I'm "in."

The craziness of this event just shot up by 1000%! Will be good to see you again Tyll. :)

If you're thinking about taking a taxi, get some guys together to split the fare. It's a long ass way and it'll cost mucho $$$ to do it by yourself.

ASR's right, the security line and just getting to your gate can take a while there too. It's one big ass airport!

I'm sorry I won't be able to get there this year again but money-money-money!

Just checking in here to say I'm "in."

Mostly there for Saturday. Anybody got a room Saturday night I can split with ya?

Guess I should bring some headphones.

Tyll, I have a room at the Marriott with two double beds, 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard near the headphone room. I can put my 12 yr old son in bed with me Saturday night to make room for you. He likely wants to try out his new boy scout camping cot, so I can put him on that instead. I'll PM you my iPhone and email information. We'll arrive about 4PM Friday, and checkout is 12 noon Sunday although we'll stay until it's over.

Falling Rock Brewhouse is having a wet hop beer event on Saturday. I'm there, could be fun for a group outing.I'll likely go there tonight for dinner and take the cab fare hit.

JP, I should be in Denver by 8 PM-ish if you want to wait. Will probably have Justin too, and maybe even Peter?

I mapped out Falling Rock btw (didn't know where it was) and it's a fair bit away over in downtown. Parking would definitely be a beeyotch there.

Btw, the Park Meadows area south of the DTC (hotel area) has some good restaurants too and you can hop on the light rail for that, no need for a taxi.