Last dynamic Headphone

Spychedelic Whale

So you really think I should let this one go.. If they don't take that long to pop up at those prices I think the more difficult should be to get the seller to ship it outside of US.

I totally forgot to ask, how hard is to change the amp to European voltage ?

edit:anyway..I got his answer about including the shipping "Sorry! Thanks anyway,Steve"..

It's your call. Personally I'm a pretty patient person and can wait for what I really want to come along at a price I'm happy with. Some Ebay and Audiogon sellers think just because they have Stax they're sitting on a gold mine. Probably the same people that have trashed records that think they're sitting on a gold mine.

Keep an eye on Ebay UK and Ebay Germany for the SR-Lambda. Or put a WTB on Headfi. I think I am probably 90% or so with successful WTB ads on Headfi with a few bumps.

Edited by deepak

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That amp in particular is very easy to change to 230V. There is a plug/socket affair on the back so you just pull out plug and move it so that the arrow points at 230V. Some of the Stax amps are like this while others require you to move some wires around or solder in some jumper wires. Both are easy once you know how they should be configured.

Yeah at half the price I would wait for a SR-Lambda normal bias and a SRD-7. $300-350 should be doable and the bias boxes are universal voltage. I don't think the Lambda Pro is anything special.

I really got into KG's Lamda Nova BASIC at Canjam. Course we weren't exactly listening to an average amp, but still it seemed to sound quite a bit nicer(to me) than my 404LE using same said amp.

I've seen lots of earspeaker/SRD combos for $250 to $350 in many places. Patience is the word of the day.

Like to give the 340 a spin one day.

True story... Happened yesterday.

About 25 years ago i lived 3 doors down from a guy named andy birnbaum.

At the time he was a manufacturers rep for various audio companies.

He just stopped by, said hello, wanted to put a sign on my lawn because

his wife is running for illinois senate... Said he was the national sales rep

for skullcandy. So i showed him the T2. He asked me what i thought of

the skullcandy products. So i asked him the simple question if they sounded

like the O2mk2/T2. No answer. So he wants to put me in contact with

someone higher up in the company. This is going to be one interesting phonecall.

I figured i would start out with the simple statment that every single part of your

product line sucks.

In my listening room at the same time were the hd800's and a couple other

high end dynamics. He got to listen to those too...

Edited by kevin gilmore

The SR-Lambda (normal bias), SR-Lambda Signature, Nova Basic, Nova Classic and Nova Signature are all well worth it to seek out. The Lambda Spirit/Pro Classic is also a very nice headphone if a bit rare. I also quite like the SR-202 which is now turning into a vintage model since there is a new one out.

Depending on how high it will go - but yes the condition is not good..

The advantage of buying a Basic set is that the shipping cost is considerably lower.

I used Japonica Market last time and I had no trouble, I only had to pay the deputy fees plus the shipping cost. It was quite fast and I got free domestic shipping as well (I got the item from the Fujiya Avic shop, don't know if they still offer this or not). Pity the exchange rate isn't any better.

dont discount esp950 too... if bass is not your main preference then this worth the look. Pop up from time to time at HF or Ebay. Used around 400-450

Actually I like a decent amount of bass. How much bass they have compared to HF2 ? To me the bass from hf2s is more than enough.

Probably gone, but:

Koss ESP950 Headphones

mm seems like a great price but I'm not in the US to pick it up and I don't trust a crailgslist user to buy it over the internet :-\

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

Spy, I don't know If I'd recommend you getting that ESP950. Yes, that is a killer deal on some good phones, but the build quality can be wanting at times. Its a good thing they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty that you could use, however your not being in the states might make that very unpleasant should they develop the famous squeal.

in case you arwe still looking for a lambda pro in the eu, there is currently one on ebay germany which seems to be in excellent condition; with new ltd-pads and everything.

there is also a 2050 set ending today; maybe that guy will ship to your conutry too - he wrote an english description, so you might be lucky...

If I can get those lambda pro and the Stax SRM-1/MK-2 Pro from the same guy at a 500$-600$ range in europe would be a decent deal, right now the total for the two is at 300$ with 4 days left, you think they will go for more than that ?

Spy, I don't know If I'd recommend you getting that ESP950. Yes, that is a killer deal on some good phones, but the build quality can be wanting at times. Its a good thing they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty that you could use, however your not being in the states might make that very unpleasant should they develop the famous squeal.

Yeah I have been told that they are going bankruptcy too.

Yeah I have been told that they are going bankruptcy too.

Yep.

If I can get those lambda pro and the Stax SRM-1/MK-2 Pro from the same guy at a 500$-600$ range in europe would be a decent deal, right now the total for the two is at 300$ with 4 days left, you think they will go for more than that ?

Can never be sure, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet they go for more then 600 USD after shipping from Europe.