Last dynamic Headphone

Spychedelic Whale

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the AD2000 are worth a try, and given that he's provided a budget of $450 (used), the LCD-2 aren't in the picture.

x3

Besides HD600, it's my favorite headphone in your budget. Awesome midrange. Maybe a tad thin sounding. Good width and depth of headstage. Really nice transients and terrific speed (copied verbatim from danc ;)).

Re: supposed harshness of responses - remember, this place is like a bar. Would you expect a serious answer from everyone in a bar? I think not.

Edited by Aura

everyone goes for speed and midrange purity eventually. the journey is fun though.

I have to agree, that is unless their hearing is sub par. But his goal was to find a headphone to work with his existing amp, so I think for the same reasons you've stated that the LCD-2 should be a last effort before the Stax move. It's not OII fast, but it's fast and midrange purity is great.

Oops: Just read Wayne's post and realised I missed the whole budget thing.

Edited by swt61

OK, real answer. At your price point I would definitely try a recabled and modified K340. The M^3 should have enough power to drive them nicely but they will also scale well if you decide to upgrade amplification in the future.

My preferred answer. Keep what you have and modify the listening experience with whisk(e)y.

Thanks all I really appreciate the help.

About the K340 I have been seraching for them and didn't find any.

Well I have been reading some and maybe I could spend a bit more and try the LCD-2 but since I will have to buy it new it can be a bit risky if I don't like it.

On the other hand after some talk with cetoole who very gently persuaded me into stax suggested me this lambda that monkey linked.

I already emailed him and he says the shipping is 70$, he is asking the 600$+70$. From what monkey said on the thread it was a bit overpriced, what would be decent to ask shipped ?

So you really think I should let this one go.. If they don't take that long to pop up at those prices I think the more difficult should be to get the seller to ship it outside of US.

I totally forgot to ask, how hard is to change the amp to European voltage ?

edit:anyway..I got his answer about including the shipping "Sorry! Thanks anyway,Steve"..

Edited by Spychedelic Whale