Last dynamic Headphone

Spychedelic Whale

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how the well the 404LE represents the Lambda series but this thing could use more bass. You know, the more you delve deep in this hobby the more you realize that there is no perfect solution that caters all frequencies...

400€ would be nice, the shipping via DHL from germany would be around 25€ from what the ebay seller said.

Unfortunately the change of some one knowing what a STAX is here is about 0,5% even a simple sennheiser is hard to find..

Actually there should be quite a few owners of stax headphones in Portugal as well of other high end headphones and amplifiers, but they're just not that much participant in forums. I remember a high end shop in Lisbon having some stax, at prohibitive prices though!

Anybody tried buying anything from here directly? I emailed them a few times but never got a reply but the prices are listed in EUR and USD as well. This might be good:

SRS-2050A

360$ without shipping and stuff isn't a bit to much for those?

Actually there should be quite a few owners of stax headphones in Portugal as well of other high end headphones and amplifiers, but they're just not that much participant in forums. I remember a high end shop in Lisbon having some stax, at prohibitive prices though!

Yeah that's what I though even if they existed they should have ridiculous prices.

Yes, I guess a better deal can be found (like that SR-Lambda I posted earlier which is a bit pricey but comes with a better amp as well, if not Pro bias) but if you could buy from the directly I guess it would be similar as buying one from the auction (as you skip the deputy fees and domestic shipping) but the main problem is the exchange rate being too bad.

Yes, I guess a better deal can be found (like that SR-Lambda I posted earlier which is a bit pricey but comes with a better amp as well, if not Pro bias) but if you could buy from the directly I guess it would be similar as buying one from the auction (as you skip the deputy fees and domestic shipping) but the main problem is the exchange rate being too bad.

Yeah I would love to snatch that one from UK, his condition is mint, but something says me the bidding is going to end with an odd number... And the value of the

Depending on the condition, yes.

But come SR-X sets are plagued with arcing on the drivers (creates imbalance). But if this one was only driven with a direct drive amp, there shouldn't be any issues.

Oh, and they are not comfortable - at least for me..

I would just like to point out that the Stax mafia is no myth -- a thread entitled, "Last dynamic Headphone" has pretty much deteriorated into all Stax talk.

You know, just in case the irony was lost on any o' youse.

Carry on.

I was considering posting a Stax joke when the thread first started, but knew it would end up like this anyways.

The thing is, this thread and a couple of others got me too thinking of soon turning to Stax, whenever the KGSSHV boards become available. And another guy here in Portugal, whom I built an M3 already got his pair of stax, and just told me he's considering a pair of 007's!

You guys are big trouble!

The thing is, this thread and a couple of others got me too thinking of soon turning to Stax, whenever the KGSSHV boards become available. And another guy here in Portugal, whom I built an M3 already got his pair of stax, and just told me he's considering a pair of 007's!

You guys are big trouble!

I would to join you guys but b$by steps first :(

how is the SRA-12S compared to the SRM-1/MK2 amp ?