The NHL 2011 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! That one hurt. Good game, but the Bruins have got to get the power play going if they hope to win the series. Great effort by the Canucks tonight.

As much as it hurts to say it, props to Vancouver on the good game tonight, good on Luongo for making some key saves but I never saw a prime chance for Boston tonight.

Still rooting for the B's though, thank God Game 6 is in Boston. Off to find a hot ass bitch to bite my finger tonight like Burrows did >:D

Lapierre is not the most talented player, but I've always appreciated his intensity when he played for Montreal and he's a 110% kind of guy in the playoffs. Good decision of Vancouver to have picked him at the trade deadline.

One thing I'm wondering, why was Recchi on the ice at the end of the game and why does Claude Julien insist on giving him a lot of PP minutes?

Canucks are smokin' in the 3rd. Burrows. Both Sedins and LaPierre as usual.

Glad that last one hit the iron.

Yeah I was worried about that for a little bit....seems like the Canucks had the puck in the offensive zone for the first 3 minutes of the 3rd. I was surprised the Bruins didn't call time at that moment right after the posty.

Well, don't tell anyone in Montreal, but I really hope Boston will win the cup. They showed they were the better team and never gave up during this series, which is impressive considering they had played a lot of games before the SC finals. Looking forward to see Tim Thomas and his boys raising the Stanley Cup on Wednesday!

The games in Van were very close, it could have gone both ways. The games in Boston were a massacre. I wouldn't want to be Luongo right now. :blink:

True.

Hopefully the effect of those comments by Luongo after Game 5 spill over to Game 7 and put Boston over the other side of the edge enough to win. While I don't necessarily disagree with what he said (he might as well have really saved that one goal Thomas let in) you should never say anything that will only motivate your opponent to whoop your ass. And the pumping tires comment was just plain stupid; made him look as if he want's Thomas' approval of how he has played. If you're gonna talk shit, at least do it to your advantage - isn't that the whole point?. :P

I actually don't think luongo was trash talking there. I think he was answering a question. That it was just a difference in their style, that he wouldn't have had trouble with that particular shot. Luongo compliments Thomas all the time.

I guess I am the only one here cheering for the Canucks.

The wait was painful but I am glad everything ends tonight. Its been a battle for both teams but may the best team come out on top. I sure hope Vancouver will bring home its first Stanley Cup since the Vancouver Millionaires. Luongo has had a few stinkers during the playoffs but he is the reason why the Canucks have made it this far.

I hope the Zebras will let the players decide the game tonight.

Go Canucks Go