The NHL 2011 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the game 7 between Wings and Sharks, sorry to see one of them lose though! From what i saw, it was one of the more enjoyable series I've seen....

I hope the Bruins can do something against the Lightning. They seem to be a fairly complete team, and the Bruins' best 2-way forward is out with injury. Maybe Seguin will shine a bit, but they need the extra defensive capability, not to mention the incredible face-off win %, that Bergeron brings....TB has some amazing firepower!

Despite the very low score, one heck of a game! And yes, Vancouver is going to be super tough. Bruins played them very well during regular season, but they (Van) seemed to have brought their game up another major notch for the playoffs. But the Bruins still have a good chance if they play their best. Go B's!

Bruins would have won 5-0 yesterday if it wasn't for Roloson. They were always first on the puck, they controlled the boards, they blocked shots, etc. etc. If they can pull hockey of this quality against Vancouver, I think they have a chance. With that said, Go Canucks go!

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one left watching Stanley Cup finals? what is wrong with you people? :blink:

Great game from the Bruins tonight to even it at 2-2. Thomas was solid, as he has been all through the playoffs. The B's just need to win 1 in Vancouver and this is over, Bruins in 6. (I wish).

Nice Haj, and I hope others of the Boston faithful (Todd, Nate) have also been watching. I was there in '72 when Bobby did his thing, but it's been a long dry spell ever since. Got a good feeling after tonight, and I think the B's could do it in 6. Nice to see that punk, Burrows put in his place. (no offense, Vancouver fans, he's a great talent). and the Sedin twins put back in their little baby crib.

All in all, a great W for the B's, but let's see what Fri night in V-town brings.

Am I the only one left watching Stanley Cup finals? what is wrong with you people? :blink:

Great game from the Bruins tonight to even it at 2-2. Thomas was solid, as he has been all through the playoffs. The B's just need to win 1 in Vancouver and this is over, Bruins in 6. (I wish).

I'm watching, and on the edge of my seat pulling for the Bruins. I never would have thought they had a chance after game 2

I'm watching, and on the edge of my seat pulling for the Bruins. I never would have thought they had a chance after game 2

Same thoughts here. I think that dirty hit on Horton woke up the sleeping giant so to speak. IIRC, the Bs have outscored the Canucks 12-1 in since Horton went out.

I was thrilled to see Thomas slash Burrows after he knocked his stick off. Show that fucker his place regardless of how talented he is! Looking forward to seeing more nastiness in the next few games >:D

I'm definitely watching too (just not commenting here for a while). My nephew was lucky to be at that 8-1 game....major jealousy.

I think the Bruins can now take this series, I was also hesitant after games 1 and 2. Not because I didn't think they had the capability of winning, just that they weren't playing the best/beast they can.

Now....I think they can even overcome the last change benefit Vancouver gets. If they can play their game again on the road, they can take the next one too. But we'll see, Vancouver was #1 in the regular season for a reason, I would never assume anything.

I'm just saddened that they had to lose Horton, even if he is now an inspiration for them.....

What an embellishing little prick Burrows is.....trying to draw a fake trip on Lucic. I hope someone lays at dirty hit on him tonight to show him what a little bitch he is :P

(Obviously I'm not a big fan of Burrows; that finger biting incident ruined him in my eyes - I feel like that is the equivalent of a grown man pulling someone's hair during a fight, total bitch move)

What an embellishing little prick Burrows is.....trying to draw a fake trip on Lucic. I hope someone lays at dirty hit on him tonight to show him what a little bitch he is :P

(Obviously I'm not a big fan of Burrows; that finger biting incident ruined him in my eyes - I feel like that is the equivalent of a grown man pulling someone's hair during a fight, total bitch move)

Well that was the nature of a slew foot, it fucks up your balance. You guys might hate him but we love him down here!

Great game to watch so far and I hope the Canucks can come out on top!