Upcoming releases

Dusty Chalk

6YuyPGx.jpg

Oh, my.  In 2002, Oliver Lieb recorded an album for release under his L.S.G. alias.  Superstition Records, the label he'd been releasing all of his L.S.G. material on up to that point, went bankrupt.  He shelved the album and went on to other projects for five years.  In 2007, he gave away a 192k mp3, initially via MySpace.  It was one continuous track, which meant it was pretty much useless for DJing purposes.  Today he announced that the album will be released on his BandCamp page on the 28th.  Finally, there will be a proper release for this album.   :dance:

• 2 months later...

Well this is interesting:

Hesitation Marks was mastered in two different ways - the standard, “loud” mastering (which is what you’ll find on the CD, on iTunes, and everywhere else), and also an alternate “audiophile” mastering, which we’re offering as a free download option for anyone who purchases the album through http://store.nin.com/ . For the majority of people, the standard version will be preferable and differences will be difficult to detect. Audiophiles with high-end equipment and an understanding of the mastering process might prefer the alternate version.

For a detailed explanation with quotes from Alan Moulder and Tom Baker, read our blog post at http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/59587808317/hesitation-marks-was-mastered-in-two-different

NOTE: The standard mastered version is in no way inferior to the Audiophile Version - we wouldn’t release something inferior as the default. And vinyl purists rest assured, the vinyl edition was mastered to sound the very best for that format. The Audiophile Version is merely an alternate take on the mastering, which some people will appreciate. It’s meant to give a slightly different experience, not denigrate the standard version. Listen to each and come to your own conclusions.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why doesn't Frankie Rose have the word "bones" in his album title?  Didn't he get the memo?

I noticed that when I was typing them out... And Frankie, oddly enough, is a she.

Au Revoir Simone's and Anneke's albums Move in Spectrums and Drive (respectively) both come out toda...yesterday as well.  And Oh Land's Wish Bone.

I really like Au Revoir Simone's stuff I heard on Spotify.  I'll have to dig a little deeper.  I'll be curious on what people think about Anneke's album.  Her stuff is usually pretty hot and cold for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listen: The Full Soundtrack For The Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242103173/first-listen-soundtrack-inside-llewyn-davis

"Inside Llewyn Davis" Soundtrack Tracklist

1. “Hang Me, Oh Hang Me” (Traditional; Arranged by T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac

2. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac

3. “The Last Thing on My Mind” (Tom Paxton) – Stark Sands

4. “Five Hundred Miles” (Hedy West) – Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands

5. “Please Mr. Kennedy” (Ed Rush, George Cromarty, T Bone Burnett, Justin Timberlake, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen) – Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver

6. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Oscar Isaac

7. “The Death of Queen Jane” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac

8. “The Roving Gambler” (Traditional) – John Cohen with the Down Hill Strugglers

9. “The Shoals of Herring” (Ewan MacColl) – Oscar Isaac

10. “The Auld Triangle” (Brendan Behan) – Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake and Gabe Witcher

11. “The Storms Are on the Ocean” (A.P. Carter) – Nancy Blake

12. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac

13. “Farewell” (Bob Dylan) – Bob Dylan

14. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Dave Van Ronk

Edited by blessingx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...