Upcoming releases

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An Outsize ‘Ring’ on a Living-Room Scale

“Das Rheingold” projected onto large screens in Times Square (in a deluge) and in an HD screening at a movie theater in Ellsworth, Me.; “Die Walküre” in HD at a theater in Manhattan. Soon I will be able to view it in the intimacy of my living room, and you will too, on eight DVDS or five Blu-ray discs, to be released by Deutsche Grammophon on Sept. 11.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gary Barlow on updated album of Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds

X Factor judge Gary Barlow will record two songs for an updated version of The War of the Worlds, the classic seventies concept album based on H.G. Wells' novel of the same name.

Barlow will sing "Forever Autumn" and "The Eve Of The War", both of which were performed by Moody Blues singer Justin Hayward on the 1978 original.

The Take That star will appear alongside soul singer Joss Stone, rapper Maverick Sabre and Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson on composer Jeff Wayne's new album.

Actor Liam Neeson takes on Richard Burton's role as The Journalist, the piece's narrator, with Wilson taking the role of The Artilleryman, originally performed by David Essex. Wilson will also appear in a stage version of the musical.

The album will be released on November 12 for download and on double vinyl.

http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/news/thenewgeneration.aspx

Why? just, Why?

Gary Barlow on updated album of Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds

X Factor judge Gary Barlow will record two songs for an updated version of The War of the Worlds, the classic seventies concept album based on H.G. Wells' novel of the same name.

Barlow will sing "Forever Autumn" and "The Eve Of The War", both of which were performed by Moody Blues singer Justin Hayward on the 1978 original.

The Take That star will appear alongside soul singer Joss Stone, rapper Maverick Sabre and Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson on composer Jeff Wayne's new album.

Actor Liam Neeson takes on Richard Burton's role as The Journalist, the piece's narrator, with Wilson taking the role of The Artilleryman, originally performed by David Essex. Wilson will also appear in a stage version of the musical.

The album will be released on November 12 for download and on double vinyl.

http://www.thewaroft...generation.aspx

Why? just, Why?

Oh why the fuck not!

I listened to a vinyl rip of it in my car this morning and back from work. Not as good as their previous albums, but I still got chills at certain moments. There are many imitators, but there is only one GYBE and this album is true to form. It reminds me of the band Grails in many spots.

Makes me even more depressed I didn't go to the Boston show knowing they were selling the vinyl there.

• 1 month later...

Alone, neither were terrible per se, but compared to their first album, Out Of Myself... thats like comparing Heritage to My Arms, Your Hearse - a colossal buzzkill.

I have great respect for the band (my God, they are awesome), but I really hope they do not go Opeth on me. The track titles, the album title, and Mariusz's Steven Wilson-esque disdain for modern lifestyle infused song topics are really scaring me though. I really hope my fears are unfounded.

Edited by roadtonowhere08