Upcoming releases

Dusty Chalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Agalloch.... The Serpent & The Sphere due May 13th!

Oh good!  I just hope it is better than Marrow of the Spirit.  Such a boring album compared to Ashes.  I like these guys, but let's face it, the BM vocals are not that great.. I wish they would stray further from that and more toward the atmosphere aspect of their compositions.

In other news, Anathema are going to release an album hopefully in May of this year.  Details:  http://scarycarghostcar.com/breaking-anathema-reveals-details-about-new-album/

I am on a HUGE Anathema bender right now, especially their last two releases, so I am extremely excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good!  I just hope it is better than Marrow of the Spirit.  Such a boring album compared to Ashes.  I like these guys, but let's face it, the BM vocals are not that great.. I wish they would stray further from that and more toward the atmosphere aspect of their compositions.

I really like Marrow of the Spirit. "Black Lake Nidstang" and "To Drown" are fantastic, and the rest of the songs lead to and from those tracks perfectly for me.  I feel like it's the album where they've pushed the envelope furtherst towards their atmoshpheric side, vocals aside.  Everything is mood, atmosphere and slow builds.  I really love it.

I really like Marrow of the Spirit. "Black Lake Nidstang" and "To Drown" are fantastic, and the rest of the songs lead to and from those tracks perfectly for me.  I feel like it's the album where they've pushed the envelope furtherst towards their atmoshpheric side, vocals aside.  Everything is mood, atmosphere and slow builds.  I really love it.

Alright I'll give it another shot sometime soon to see if it does anything for me.

In other news, here is a track by track review of the upcoming untitled Opeth album:  http://www.metalinjection.net/reviews/first-impressions-of-the-new-untitled-opeth-album-a-track-by-track-review

No death vocals (booo!), and some of the tracks sound pretty meh, but if it is more like Damnation and less like that train wreck, Heritage, I'll be happy.  Enough of the wannabe '70s nonsense.

Also, a few more details about Anathema's new album, now called Distant Satellites.

ANATHEMA return in June with 'distant satellites', their brand new studio album.

Due to be released on 9th June via Kscope, 'distant satellites' is the highly anticipated follow up to 2012’s Weather Systems, recorded at Cederberg Studios in Oslo, with producer Christer-André Cederberg.

The beautifully ethereal artwork was created by Korean new media artist Sang Jun Too and based around his Distant Light Installation 

The band released a statement on their new album:

“distant satellites is the culmination of everything ANATHEMA been working up to so far in our musical path. It contains almost every conceivable element of the heartbeat of Anathema music that it is possible to have.

There is beauty, intensity, drama, quietude, and extra musical dimensions that the band have previously only hinted at. All built on the song writing chemistry of Daniel, John and Vincent ~ and the haunting voice of Lee Douglas.

Produced and mixed once again by our very ownChrister-André Cederberg - Producer/Mixer/Engineer(Weather Systems, Universal) and with some songs also mixed by the unassailable Steven Wilson - Official page, It's a special and unique release for the band.

ANATHEMA hopes the fans get as much joy from listening to and feeling the music as we did in creating it.”

Artwork (Reminds me of Judgement... never a bad thing):

1980376_10152288187258629_412115567_o.jp

I'm really looking forward to the new album from EMA. Past Life Martyred Saints was probably my favorite album from 2011. The Future's Void comes out April 8th, and two tracks are already available through iTunes. I love what I'm hearing so far.

NPR is streaming this today and I just finished giving it a listen.  I didn't know what to expect since the two tracks that had been previewed previously were so different from one another.  But I have to say that it exceeded my admittedly high expectations and I can't wait for it to show up on the 8th!

OLE-1054-EMA-The-Futures-Void.jpg

:ian:

• 2 weeks later...

Per Anathema's FB page:

Pre-orders for 'distant satellites' are now live on Omerch

There are 4 editions of the album, all of which can be ordered in a t-shirt bundle (mens & ladies):

- 3 Disc Deluxe 44 page hardback book in rigid slipcase (CD, DVD-V, DVD). Featuring studio album, 5.1 / hi-res stereo & Making Of distant satellites DVD all housed in 44 page heavyweight hardback book.

- Gatefold 180 gm heavyweight double vinyl in poly-lined bags with 8 page LP booklet.

- Mediabook CD + 5.1 / hi-res stereo DVD-V with 24 page booklet.

ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL COME WITH AN EXCLUSIVE SIGNED POSTCARD BY THE BAND

- Jewelcase CD edition with 16 page booklet.

ALL COPIES OF THE JEWELCASE CD WILL BE SIGNED BY THE BAND

1 Lucky customer will receive a signed 1 off handwritten lyric sheet signed by the band in their order!

http://www.omerch.eu/shop/Anathema/products.php?storeid=681&cat=3677

Deluxe book, here I come!

Edited by roadtonowhere08

NPR is streaming this today and I just finished giving it a listen. I didn't know what to expect since the two tracks that had been previewed previously were so different from one another. But I have to say that it exceeded my admittedly high expectations and I can't wait for it to show up on the 8th!

OLE-1054-EMA-The-Futures-Void.jpg

:ian:

Listened today but wasn't enamored. Will try again with more focus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm right there with you, and I don't feel I'm compromising anything in my love of Pink Floyd in saying so.

On an unrelated note, I am so jealous of her -- jealous of her talent to play, write, and most importantly of all, to enjoy what she's doing more than anything else:

This can't come out soon enough.

• Like 1