Stout-A-Palooza

Absorbine_Sr

It was a long but epic night. Mike G, Jeff, John, Al, Mike B, and Raffy - you guys are the best. Thanks for helping me make this happen. All in all we killed about 25-30 bottles. Pic tomorrow morning of the empties to confirm the final count.

I am. My head fucking hurts and I woke up just as dizzy as when I passed out. Beyond that I have nothing to complain about.

Gratuitous empties pics:

post-844-0-06008800-1319378939_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-94365000-1319378955_thumb.jpg

In total we cleared 30 bottles and one growler. Highlights for me were all of the Cigar City beers, Speedway Stout (year-around? wtf), and the Heaven's Hill and Four Roses Eclipses. CBS is good, but not quite yet living up to the hype. Definitely needs age because it's lacking the balance and complexity of KBS at this point in time. Huge thanks to Jeff though for bringing one of his few remaining bottles.

Glad to see there are survivors. I had to cut out right after the Hunahpu, and missed the Dark Lord (I am familiar though :) ) and the Bourbon County, but I had plenty of good samples. My top list would be the Heaven's Hill Eclipse and the Speedway Stout. And of course the KBS and my first taste of Marshal Zhukov

It was a fun night with cool folks. Love ya Bryan and thanks for hosting!!!

Curious what you thought of the Mikkeller Bourbon BH and this year's Cognac BH.

Both were opened near the end of the night. I didn't try the Bourbon Breakfast but I did have a decent-sized sample of the Cognac BH and I liked it. The actual Cognac character wasn't as smooth as I'd like but there was very little alcohol heat, a welcome surprise for what I was expecting.

Mike - loves ya too brosef, you are the man. :)