Everything posted by dsavitsk
- What's your dream system?
-
What's your dream system?
Obvious choice - Steinway Spirio
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- Happy Birthday, Jeffy!
- What Are You Baking?
That oven design doesn't look very useful for making syrup.- RIP someone or another
- Happy Birthday Doug (dsavitsk)
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's been a nice day which has culminated with some late night Ella Fitzgerald. What could be better?- What are you listening to Part the Third
- RIP someone or another
Daniel Kahneman, Nobel laureate who upended economics, dies at 90 https://wapo.st/4czEfAz- Happy Birthday Al!
- What are you listening to Part the Third
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21799-some-other-time-the-lost-session-from-the-black-forest/- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
An interesting take on the fall of Kodak. Not new, but not a perspective I'd seen before. https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/the-rise-and-fall-of-kodaks-moment According to Kamal: “The people taking pictures suddenly changed, from 60% women to 70% men. Kodak didn't know how to market to men. But even if they could get them to buy, they didn't want to, because men don't print. Unlike women, they hadn't been socialised in the role of family archivist."- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I used to (30 years ago) know Don at DAG a little bit. Not sure if he is still in the Leica repair business, but he was our go to at the time. https://www.dagcamera.com/contact.html- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Brassing- Woodworkers of Head Case unite!
And yet, if you'd had that technology, you'd have 5% more finger than you currently do.- Woodworkers of Head Case unite!
Welcome to the wonderful world of festool.- Happy Birthday Nate!
Happy belated birthday!- Happy Birthday Craig Sawyers!
Happy birthday!- What are you listening to Part the Third
New Philip Glass. Nothing earth shattering, but a nice new recording. also, a note that that cover is by Luis Álvarez Roure and is a stunning bit of portraiture.- Stax SR-X9000 review
I didn't read it, and I'm not going to because I don't care, but I wanted to second this.- What TV show are you watching now?
@swt61 @TMoney If you are interesting in AK life, Northern Exposure is available to stream on Amazon. I have vague memories of liking it from when it was on, and it turns out to be pretty good.- Happy Birthday Colin (cetoole)!
Happy birthday!- Happy Birthday, Steve!!!
Happy Birthday!- World War 3 Thread
Maybe, but it is what we collectively seem to believe we deserve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth- What TV show are you watching now?
Reminded me of this from when I was young - count the legs
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.