Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nikongod

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nikongod

  1. You can reset the infinity marker on the 14F2.8 It is, I agree, not very sharp at F2.8 If its any help (doubtful I would even listen to my own advice here) I would stick with something in the 18 to 24mm range of primes for travel. The Nikon 24F2.8 is relatively small/light, and optically pretty pretty.
  2. I have a set of closed-back ESP-950 that I bought a few years ago. They are not exactly the suck, but mneh. Bass is WAY lower than anyone would expect with the fully closed back, but mids and highs are pretty nice. Yes, as you guys guessed above, they are fairly "slapped together." Mine had tool-marks where it looked like a badge was removed (there was speculation that they used the cups from whichever the high end(ish) closed studio can was before it was discontinued) and NO damping material in the actual cups. Take them apart, drill a few 1/4" holes in the cups (experiment! plus I don't remember how many holes I have in mine) and they improve significantly.
  3. HAppy Birthday Grahame!
  4. Kinda the same as Dunkin Donuts, in a different way. I kinda prefer Tim Horton. There are a few in NYC.
  5. nikongod replied to blessingx's topic in Music
    I love stuff like this. Or LaserDisc...
  6. nikongod replied to shellylh's topic in Off Topic
    Wait. You can do that?
  7. nikongod replied to shellylh's topic in Off Topic
    I too am in the market for a mattress, and the Casper was suggested to me by Facebook who saw that Brent likes them.* Any word on how the Casper mattress does "in the sack" to use the parlance of our times? I will be in the vicinity of their showroom on Thursday so I will get to test the "lying down" performance. *Proof that ad campaigns on facebook do in fact work. FUCCCCK. I am aware that its working, and I still look.
  8. Dislike. I hope you feel better soon.
  9. Something nice about a smaller camera is you can get into more places. There isn't much room for argument when the sign in the museum clearly says no SLRs, but "point and shoot" cameras are fine.
  10. good to know.
  11. I dont know if its too late, or if you saw, but cut the EXTENSION cable and leave the cable on the headphones stock. Gives you more chances to re-fix the cable, and if they ever get "the squeal" you can still send them back to Koss.
  12. The tips of the pins on the amphenol connectors have a little hole in them. Strip the wire, stick it through the hole, and solder that way. Do not to get any solder on the sides of the pins. Just the tip.
  13. I really like separating AF and shutter button on my DSLR. Makes re-framing so easy.
  14. Does the sigma software let you tweak at different F-stops too? For lenses that focus perfectly at F(max) but front/backfocus at F(2 stops less)?
  15. HD580 with HD600 grills is all black. The headband is kind of slate-grey, but it can be covered up with a Beyerdynamic headband-cover. Or painted.
  16. Someone had a set they could not part with for $25 less than the $50 more than they are worth, and started a rumor to drive up prices. That's why.
  17. Although I cant think of ever seeing a smaller dreidel, those look like regular sized dreidels to me. I have seen larger dreidels, but they are always referred to as such. Now I want an actual mini dreidel, even though it probably wouldn't spin well and I don't play the dreidel game. KG should get right on making a 4-sized dreidel out of about 72 carbon atoms. Whatever the least number of atoms you can see the letters would be... It would go well with his hammer.
  18. JB Weld contains iron particles. It is not safe to rely on it for any sort of electrical insulation. A bunch of people fried computers with this when it first started to be fashionable to JB-weld computer chips to heatsinks. Just be careful not to get any JB weld near pins on low voltage parts and you will be fine. If you do need electrical insulation there are readily accessible options. Devcon 2-ton epoxy is available just about anywhere you would find JB weld and lists dielectric strength in its datasheet - 600V/mil.
  19. Although it is probably splitting hairs - JB weld probably has better thermal conductivity than superglue. JB weld is certainly electrically conductive, so be careful not to bridge any pins.
  20. They are not orange in nikonworld, they are blue/green in canonland. J/k, and yea, raw.
  21. Even if the saddle is a good fit, your butt may need some time to get used to it. This is also important to remember if you spend a good deal of time off the bike. The saddle that felt awesome all last summer/fall and now feels like bad after a lazy winter feels like bad because your butt is no longer used to it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.