Everything posted by nikongod
-
2015 Coney Island Polar Bear swim & Fundraiser
Thanks to everyone who chipped in for this! I made my goal, and went in the ocean. It was cold. Drying off was actually painful. Once I got dried off I realized I was not really all that cold. Then I went in the water again.
-
2015 Coney Island Polar Bear swim & Fundraiser
Happy New Years everyone! The polar bear swim is just a few hours away, and I'm super excited. I just wanted to bump this before I took the plunge.
-
Happy New Year to Everybody
Happy New Years!
-
Happy Birthday Jacob!
Happy Birthday Jacob!
- Yo, guys
-
Watches
Not cheaper than a DIY oil-filled G-shock I filled my F-91W the other night, and am proud to say that it has held up to several passes through my shower, and does not show any bubbles in the face. I don't actually own a G-shock watch... I cant decide if its my style, which I'm pretty sure means its not. The ressence 3 seems like it was really built "just for looks" (only 5ATM WR, IIRC) but, still bad ass. I am kind of a sucker for weird face layouts or uncommon movements.
-
Happy birthday zippy2001!
Happy Birthday Steve!
-
Watches
I have no experience with that brand, but FUUUUUUCK, if ever there was a watch begging for liquid filling. The way that crystal is domed! OMG. I was thinking of liquid filling a G-shock for stoopid-water resistance a while back (because its cool to have a watch that is WR to 1000m) and one thing lead to another and I found the Ressence 3... Liquid filled watches with hands look totally amazing. http://ressence.eu/
- Happy Birthday Ken!
- Merry Birthday Ric!
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
If you can stand an EVIL camera, I would put a vote in for the Sony A7 with whichever sensor you think you would like the most. I should note that the A7s is the likely successor to my D700, in the event it ever dies and nothing with moar-ISO is available by then.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Under a tree...
-
HC Bike/Cycling Thread
Dislike I hope you are OK, and recover quickly.
-
Search problems?
If your havin search problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but page-rank aint one.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Wow Lary, sorry to hear this Glad it did not turn out worse for you & family.
-
2015 Coney Island Polar Bear swim & Fundraiser
Hello All I thought it would be fun to take the Polar Bear swim at Coney Island this year. Its been on my bucket list for a while. They are raising money for Camp Sunshine - a camp for Children with life-threatening illnesses and their families and I would appreciate it if anyone could donate some money to them through my page. https://www.crowdrise.com/AriFriedman I don't think I have told you this, but I went to camp every summer from when I was 6 weeks old (my father was the camp director) until I was 20, doing everything from filling diapers, to being a camper, working in the kitchen, being a counselor, and working on the high-ropes course. All of it was pretty amazing and it would be cool to help someone else experience that. Thanks Polar Bear Club: http://www.polarbearclub.org/ Camp Sunshine: https://www.campsunshine.org/
- kgst
-
Sennheiser HD 800 Redux
People have wound transformers with "exotic" wire before. I remain skeptical to any claims that the differences from winding material cause a larger difference than the differences from using the same materials (cores, bobbins, wire) in a slightly different way. In other words: Mucho cost for (basically) no change VS (maybe not even a) small difference in labor cost for likely change.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
There is this thing called Google (or a lawyers office) where one could search whether the police are required to inform you of your rights or not and at what time. PS: Am I the only one who finds incredible irony in asking about rights *after* a civil rights demonstration?
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I find it quite ironic that there is a bike parked out front....
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Are we there yet?
-
Chromebooks in 2014
I have no idea how the specs compare so they may be crap, but WOOT has had a bunch of Chromebooks recently.
-
Neil Young claims he was working on an audiophile iPod with Steve Jobs
N^plankton veils. Where N is the bit depth of the analog signal. This is how many.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Run The Jewels 2
-
Google Android OS
After Skipping 5.0.0 My N7(2013) just updated to 5.0.1