Everything posted by mypasswordis
-
What are you listening to Part Two
- Show Me Your ThunderPantses!
Ooh, definitely very cool, even if you have to sacrifice a PMB100 for it, which is probably bassless anyways despite the large driver. I have a spare set of Sr-X Mk3 drivers sitting around, maybe I'll have to ask the Smegster to turn some nice cups for me as well.- Show Me Your ThunderPantses!
Looks nice! Kabeer made that? Any reason going with a circular hole when the driver is square? Not for the wood bit, but for the baffle-ish thing.- Happy birthday, manaox2!
Happy birthday, Scott! Keep busting those myths.- Restoring a Micro Seiki MX-1 electrostat - source for material an thickness?
I haven't ever had sibilance issues with the SR-Lambda. Why exactly can't you remount and re-tension the diaphragm in the first pair? If it's because you can't tension it the exact same amount on both sides, then that's a problem. And are you trying to replace the diaphragms on the second pair or the first, or both? As to thickness, iirc going from SR-5 to SR-5NB, Stax decreased the thickness of the diaphragm in the circular driver they were using, which increased the bass. And all the newer Lambdas use even thinner diaphragms, like 1.35 um.- Post what you're watching
Amazing that you can run such long distances with the forefoot slapping, that would kill my feet so fast I wouldn't even be able to jog a mile. I think I'm an over-pronator (somewhat flat feet) and kind of have weak ankles. You may be onto something with the new Nikes and such, I need to get real running shoes with nice thin flexible soles the next time I buy a pair. Didn't care enough to watch the US lose.- Chrome 4 (Stable) - Now for windows!
Still having blue screens, can't easily guess which driver may be causing problems since the crashes are seemingly completely random. Chrome 5 sucks, it doesn't load the page properly half the time, can't load wikipedia links just because there is no http:// in front, is a huge memory hog, I'm still pissed there's a wall of chrome.exe's in Task Manager, and it's not even that fast. Viewing page source is also weird.- Coconut Audio
He would be. It's pretty funny that all the reviews on the website are his own. Let me know if you get a sample and what you end up cooking with it. And fax me some of it, if you please.- Show Me Your ThunderPantses!
Awesome stuff, each one has its own character. Have you finished prototyping the leaky pants yet?- slow forum
- What did you do today?
Spent the first part of the day getting pissed off and not doing anything. Spent the middle part napping and not doing anything, and spent the last part feeling extremely nauseous and with a massive headache while not doing anything. While starving, because I feel like if I try to eat anything it's going to come right back out. I'm glad I don't have to go through getting wisdom teeth removed more than once in my life. Emailed Precide seeing if they'll send me a schematic of their Jecklin 'stat amp.- Amarra "Mini" -- $395
Cool, I think I'll try it for a week and see how it goes. Reason I checked this thread out is I randomly remembered that I heard JP's AD2K rig at CJ and was confused as to what I was hearing, especially since there was another AD2K rig right next to it (ironbut's?) that didn't sound that funky. Thought it might have been Amarra but was too stupid to figure out how to disable the EQ thing so I set it to flat which is what I think it was on before anyway and it was still funky sounding. Might not even have been Amarra, all I know is what I was hearing was bizarre.- AKG K1000 replacement drivers
On the K1000 the F1 is not a current source, output impedance is only 80 ohms vs. the 120 ohms driver (and that's what, at 1kHz or something? the impedance at high frequencies being even greater). There seems to be more than a few headphone amps with (sometimes switchable) high output impedances like the looooooong amp and Silver Ghost. Can't say I'm a fan of the sound, but maybe I'm just not used to it.- Post what you're watching
Vibrams actually aren't news, I've known someone who has had them for years and does indeed run with them, and there are plenty of HCers with them so you are not alone. That said, I will not be getting a pair anytime soon.- What are you EATING right now?
4 eggs, this time sunny side up. yes, salted.- Suggestions for me
I recommend Meshuggah and Gojira, as they're the two that got me into metal. I only like some of Opeth's stuff, the other stuff I think sucks. For some reason I don't like the softer/electronic-y/spacier metal at all. Are you looking for not-contemporary/atonal/minimalistic/etc classical? And were Lutoslawski and Bartok mentioned?- What are you EATING right now?
salted watermelons suck salted tomatoes suck salted corns suck salted oranges suck pretty much any salted fruits suck salted peanuts suck salted walnuts suck salted almonds suck pretty much any salted nuts suck putting salt on things that shouldn't have salt on them sucks- slow forum
- What are you EATING right now?
Prevacid. In a few days this will change to Vicodin.- What are you listening to Part Two
I kind of like it. It takes awhile to embrace atonality. Have you heard the Berg violin concerto? Pretty fantastic.- Chrome 4 (Stable) - Now for windows!
I actually just installed 3.6.4. I assume they mean crashing the browser and not the computer? Firefox itself hasn't crashed on me yet, on 7. The hang detector will definitely come in handy. I'm wondering if there is an incompatible driver installed, or if the stock memory is a bit flaky, in regards to the blue screens. And thanks, I installed Chrome 5 but just haven't gotten around to using it. Though I have just now, and just enabled the saving the tabs feature. It does seem faster than FF.- What are you listening to Part Two
- What are you EATING right now?
^ nice 4 hardboiled eggs. might go for a fifth/sixth- slow forum
- Chrome 4 (Stable) - Now for windows!
I've been using Windows 7 for a few weeks now. It's okay, other than the fact that I'm getting blue screens. Which I almost never got with XP, which is what I was using before. Used Vista for a couple of weeks, then upgraded back to XP. Might do the same with Windows 7. Anyway, the point of my post here is that Firefox seems to be a lot better about memory management in 7 than in XP, for whatever reason. Haven't yet tried Chrome. - Show Me Your ThunderPantses!
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.