Everything posted by Voltron
-
Sealing and/or oiling butcher block counter tops
Doug, is there one of their products you like best? I see Danish Oil, Varnish Oil and Original Wood Finish. Thanks again
-
Sealing and/or oiling butcher block counter tops
Thanks Doug, I will look for it.
-
Tour de France 2014
Took me even longer than usual to see the last stage before the rest day. It was quite a wild ride in many ways. The Contador crash and abandon was totally the opposite of what I was expecting for the stage, and the whole breakaway/Martin/Kwiatkowski/Rodriguez thing was epic, and then Nibali dominating the finish. Wow.
-
Sealing and/or oiling butcher block counter tops
This is an odd topic but I'm looking for quick answers. I am having some Ikea solid beech wood butcher block counter tops installed in the Mayberry kitchen. They suggest sanding, sealing and oiling but they do not really give a lot of specifics. They sell some linseed oil but not a sealer and I am not sure if a sealer is necessary or recommended for use on butcher block counter tops or what to use and still be safe for food handling on them. Anybody have ideas for specific products or general procedures to employ or avoid?
-
Tour de France 2014
Cool stage But I hadn't seen it before inadvertently seeing the first line of your post in Tapatalk timeline mode. Kinda wrecked the suspense. For those of us recording, it would be great to hold off on results commentary or at least put in something generic and then return a couple of lines so it doesn't show up in Tapatalk or the like. Thanks.
-
What are you EATING right now?
I was wishing the same, Gene, but 10 of us managed to have a fair bit of good times talking about the rest of you and larger gatherings of the past. Thanks to Peter, the next one has a tentative theme and title: MOA IV: This time we go whole hog! Hopefully we don't hit the sewer line when we dig the pit for the pig roast.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
You mean because it looks like kiddie porn?
- World Cup 2014
-
World Cup 2014
You mean a third, right?
-
World Cup 2014
Agree with all of the above about Netherlands and poor Costa Rica. And once more "fucking Robben and his diving!". I really did feel that the Dutch got way more calls than CR, but was glad that they didn't score on any like last game.
-
Tour de France 2014
Overall smooth start to the race today without massive pile-ups that often happen in the first days. The crowds were unbelievable in Yorkshire -- such a turnout could not have been expected. Cavendish screwed it up in the last 250 meters because he was too anxious and now it seems likely that he will be out of the race altogether. Sad finish for the home crowd but Kittel is the real deal and Sagan doesn't have the same level of power but is still crafty and quite fast. I hate Cuntador but they say he is in great shape and will at least challenge Froome more than last year. It would be nice to have some others step up and create some drama. I will miss Quintana Rojas. I'm amazed that he won the Giro, and apparently he has his sites set on the Vuelta this summer. I hope he comes back to the TDF next year. 20 more days of fun and punishment!
-
Happy birthday, Michael & Birgir!!!
Hope you are having great birthdays, Baker boys! cheers!
-
World Cup 2014
I guess I better revert to the blood and start rooting for France. It's time to rock out with the Coq out. Allez les Bleus!
-
World Cup 2014
we're fucked. great game overall but damn, I can't see USA scoring twice in 15 minutes
-
Happy Birthday Augsburger!
Quick, get the shovel Greg, before it gets your cake! Have a great snake-free and wine-filled birthday. Cheers!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Good luck Stretch! Must be tough to say goodbye.
-
World Cup 2014
Missed both games due to work today, except for hearing the last 30 minutes where Germany won. Pretty amazing stuff.
-
Happy Birthday Crappy!
Happy birthday CJ! Cheers
-
World Cup 2014
This is the most exciting World Cup that I can recall -- and I am not saying I watch them religiously but for me this one has a lot going on.
-
World Cup 2014
I'm sure Jim is so proud you agree with him!
-
World Cup 2014
I didn't realize the Hulk's shoulder extends all the way down to his bicep. Watch the replay, you sore winner. There is no question it was a hand ball.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Fried maple bacon and pad Thai are both salivation inducing except I just finished a beef burger with bacon and blue cheese in the grind, grilled corn and a salad. Very tasty indeed
-
Happy Birthday manaox2!
Beers and cheers for a happy birthday Scott!
-
Happy Birthday, Justin!
Have a great bash! Cheers!
- California Audio Show (CAS) Aug 15th - 17th, 2014