Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Shelly, I am not an expert on sherry or port at all, but I have had 2 or 3 bottles open since my 40th birthday 8 years ago and we are still drinking them. Ill advised, I know but the flavor is still good. I have heard that optimally, it shouldn't be kept open for more than a few weeks. I love the new bitters, er absinthe, bottles and the Opaline has a lovely color. The St. George's is less pretty, but I like the idea of dashing properly.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Cedar, of course, Raffy. The Porch Wash was pretty tasty although quite different from the bar version. I used .25oz Benedictine instead of Jim's .5oz but probably would have been closer with the .5, and I also used Bokers bitters since those arrived recently. Nice looking cocktails Marc and Jim.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Zhukov's wood aged was even better than the normal one. Yah! Beautiful shots, there Mikey. Nice Tonga glass Marc! Shelly, the supplies did indeed come from Cocktail Kingdom. I really want a very large mixing glass but it is always out of stock. Going to try the Porch Wash using some similar measurements to Jim's recipe. Wish me luck.
-
Happy Birthday riceboy
Happy Birthday Ricey! We miss you around here, Laine. Hope you are a having a great one. Cheers!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I plan to pick up some L&L Batch 2 this weekend. I think I have one bottle of Batch 1 left to compare. Glad you're liking it Dusty Frog. Yeah, I was thinking of ordering the sampler from Bittercube too. We can compare notes later. How did those proportions work out? At 15 Romolo, it was essentially like a Sazerac but with Benedictine and Heering for sweetness and was up in the tumbler like a Saz, too. It had a cherry wrapped with a lemon peel also. It was pretty tasty but I might like it with less Benedictine (although Marc would not ).
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Apparently I missed the memo where this was declared Dry Friday. Oh well, I don't mind drinking alone. Corpse Reviver no. 2. I love it when the bartender knows the drink and makes it the way I like it without even asking or looking for a recipe.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Kentucky Porch Wash at 15 Romolo Rittenhouse 100 rye Benedictine Cherry Heering Angostura and orange bitters Absinthe rinse Pretty tasty stuff to wash away the week.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Hoppier sounds better. Has anyone tried Bittercube bitters? Not that I really need any more frickin bitters, but just curious.
-
Post what you're watching
I like vacation Dusty better.
-
Post what you're watching
But you're certainly spoiling our fun you spoiler nazi!
-
Post what you're watching
Concur. The witch bitch didn't even move, so why not take her out? Plus, somebody needs to kill that fucking Tara already! They tease and tease because they know people hate her but then they prolong the agony by letting her live her pathetic life. Fuck.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Ninety Miles
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
When in Rome...
-
Happy Birthday archosman!
Enjoy a beautiful day in The Village, No. 6! And remember, a still tongue makes a happy life. Cheers!
- Need your help choosing my headphones (very specifics needs)
-
hi again... if you still wanna help
Look Goldilocks, you're not going to get anything here but a bunch of angry bears. Go somewhere else to find the stupid fucking USB dongle wireless headphone set with mic that's juuuust riiiight.
-
Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)
Tyll is not yet set up to measure 'stats, and I do not believe it is a lack of amplification. I can send him a 007t if he wants one for that purpose. I won't have 009s for awhile yet it seems.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
If only someone could shrink it down to avatar size, I would!
-
Happy Birthday en480c4!
Have a fantastic birthday Ian! Cheers!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
ding ding ding!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Damn, Brent. Get well buddy.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Put the new julep cups to use with the David Wondrich recipe for me and a sweeter, less boozy version for Claire. Sophie thought of a nice mod after mine was fully frosted.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Congrat Nate! Sounds like that was a great move. Curious about the impending madness. I bet you can guess what i made. We went with Ikea.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I have a little extra pressure in my head, but I was hoping to just drink it away.