Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. John Scofield -- Piety Street Medeski, Scofield, Martin & Wood -- Out Louder
  2. Fracken hell right!
  3. Neil Young -- Fork in the Road
  4. I've always thought it was cool, and still do.
  5. Don't be silly.
  6. Yes, is good.
  7. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Epic! But don't just show up in LA on Friday, fly into SF on Wednesday or Thursday and play with us up here. We're driving down to LA Friday morning and you can always fly out of LA on Sunday or Monday. [appropriately named smiley]
  8. Damn that looks good and Rhapsody doesn't have it. Worth finding? Consolation prize number two today, although it is a damn good consolation prize: [Milt] Jackson, [JJ] Johnson, [Ray] Brown -- Jackson, Johnson & Brown
  9. New Bats for Lashes is "For Sale Only" on Rhapsody which pisses me off. Listening to this instead: Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles -- The Stars Are Out
  10. M. Ward -- Hold Time
  11. Have a great one Zach! Cheers!
  12. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Shweeet!
  13. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Come on, Gene usually hammers out his meet impressions and pics posts between 3am and 4am.
  14. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Not sure what the official schedule really is but Tyll is talking at some point, Steve Hoffman and Joe Harley from Music Matters are giving two talks and there may be something else other than the standard national meet fare. The last I heard is that they are not planning an official event on Saturday night. Leaves it open to fun and frivolity and I am sure we can amuse you for as many hours as you can stay [mostly] awake. There were some discussions of a group trip to a bar or club or two and there will certainly be parties in various rooms, etc. Make it happen even if we do have to share you with your sister and you have rush back to your family.
  15. Nina Nastasia -- The Blackened Air
  16. Get dronk and fock! Cheers
  17. Voltron replied to a post in a topic in Headphone Amplification
    I would have liked much more time with the Stacker Dos, but JP was late as usual. BUT, the time I did spend was very enjoyable. Wow is a good word for this amp at around $1K. It was very quiet with nice clean power from my Shunyata conditioner and Crystal Cable PC, which I think JP said was an improvement over his setup on the same circuit as the fridge. :rolleyes: No kidding. Anyway, the sound was fantastic with the PS-1 and for the minute or two I heard it with the 650s. Given where I was on the volume knob with the PS-1 -- about 10/11:00 -- I thought it might strain a bit with the 650s, but I was wrong. Full sound and plenty of power. Turned it up only slightly from where I had been with PS-1. The sound is not tubey in any negative way, but it has the warmth and body of a quality tube amp. Really detailed but not etched or edgy. Good soundstage, good tone, good everything. We couldn't compare it to the P-1 because of limited time and PC sharing, but it is surely a very strong amp and fighting way above its weight class as JP likes to say about bang for buck components. Great work dBel, but sorry we didn't take any smiling faces pics.
  18. Hampton Hawes Trio -- The Seance
  19. Dexter Gorder -- Quadromania: Blow Mr. Dexter
  20. Thanks Jay. Glad to see you around! I sure as hell hope you are making plans to be in LA come May. Don't make us send Gene up after you.
  21. [krmathis]A box the size of a Pico![/krmathis]
  22. This one isn't all that acidic, and is more on the boring side although I have not listened to it more than twice.
  23. Peter Doherty -- Grace/Wastelands
  24. Buster Williams -- 65 Roses

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.