Everything posted by Voltron
-
The Live Music Thread
Masada String Trio conducted by John Zorn while sitting Indian-style in front of the musicians. This was an amazing performance, including the unique conducting style of Zorn that involves lots of funky hand gestures such as the redruM, the temple-point, and the Jazz Hands. The musicians were all incredible: Mark Feldman (violin), Erik Friedlander (cello), and Greg Cohen (bass), especially Feldman and Friedlander played the crap out of instruments that are often dainty. Plucking, strumming, bowing, and bashing in turns and at the precise direction of Zorn. Cohen was playing with a right arm that looked like it was Hell Boy's, all reddish purple, swollen and painful looking. Jewish jazz music on strings couldn't sound better than this. As Clarke said, you would absolutely pick those three guys if you were to put together a dream trio for this music. Even without any association or limitation to Jewish music, it was awesome in its own right.
-
Your recent music purchases
These two 45 RPM beauties arrived from Music Matters yesterday:
-
Dell Inspiron Mini 9 as a Transport
There's also this convertible tablet/netbook/refrigerator magnet thing written up in NYT Circuits today:
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Are bashing and aplomb mutually exclusive?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Nat King Cole -- Re:Generations Likely to be my only listen to this one...
-
Your recent music purchases
- Happy Birthday Fitz!
A Killer Good birthday to you!- The Live Music Thread
Cool. I'd like to see her sometime.- Post the last thing you bought!
The Chuck 69 is damn big for that little bugger of a can amp. What's up with that (other than the obvious Chuck philosophy answers).- Question on Power Cables and Conditioners
Or you could build a listening room out of lead with dedicated stand-alone circuits and no other electronics.- South Florida 3/7/09
That described HeadphoneAddict, not you.- What are you listening to Part Two
Yeah, Clarke, I am having a hard time figuring out what to see and what not to miss. The String Trio is so much better than I expected after a few listens of the last weeks that I may be joining you late night tomorrow. Right now, Sunday's offering is on tap: John Zorn -- Electric Masada: 50th Birthday Celebration Vol. 4- South Florida 3/7/09
You tell me. He was dogged here for ages but it was mostly before I hung out here as much.- Question on Power Cables and Conditioners
I have absolutely heard improvements and the opposite with changes in power cords and power conditioners. And the other thing too.- South Florida 3/7/09
But stop sucking up to Mike. Nobody liked him over here for years but now we just put up with him for the t-shirts.- Question on Power Cables and Conditioners
I use power conditioners and fancy cables and like them so you all can go to hell.- What are you listening to Part Two
Me too! Now playing: John Zorn's Masada String Trio -- 50th Birthday Celebration, Vol. 1- Happy 69th Birthday Chuck Norris!
Chuck Norris Allows Birthday to Arrive Posted Mar 10th 2009 10:45AM by TMZ Staff Today is Chuck Norris' birthday. He turns infinity. Fun fact: Chuck Norris was born three months premature, because he had asses to kick. p.s. -- he's 69 (in human years). Another fun fact that might be little known is that on his birthday, Chuck Norris randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun. I have my fingers crossed about the lucky winner this year. Better finish that tequila shot you've been nursing Slacker.- What are you listening to Part Two
Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- It's Blitz- Post the last thing you bought!
Boy guard ftw!- Ipod Touch / Iphone
I wish I knew if a damn iPhone was coming out in the next few months. Although I am paying for a plan on Verizon that is way overpriced now that my wife and daughter moved on to AT&T.- What did you do today?
Does the shovel leave much of an aftertaste?- HeadAmp Pico USB DAC
They don't pay attention.- HeadAmp Pico USB DAC
Us lawyers all look alike to you civilians.- HeadAmp Pico USB DAC
- Happy Birthday Fitz!
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.