Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. So watch the fuck out.
  2. KAB Speed Strobe. Wow is this thing great! So easy to use and so damn definitive on the speed. Slight changes on the speed controller were immediately noticeable and when the speed locks in, it is perfect.
  3. x3, but i really would get annoyed if he continued making HC his Twitter pages: Went to the loo. Had some steak and kidney pie. Did more things people do in the UK. Talked about myself doing things people do in the UK. Hello, friend. Do you like pickles? I like pickles. Ad nauseum.
  4. Can't you get someone to replace you for one weekend at your "escort" service job.
  5. Nice job on the review, Chris. I forgot how much I dislike doing them when I did the TTVJ FET-A review the other night. Anyway, as I mentioned on HF, I think a Phonitor / DA11 comparison might be very interesting. If I am understanding, then they do some similar things, but in very different ways. I have no idea if anybody attending CanJam has a Phonitor, but maybe you could capitalize on your contact with SPL and request that a unit be made available for CanJam. It could be shipped to JP or somebody involved in running the thing, or you could just get another unit in May and bring it with you! Cheers.
  6. I'm with Duggeh. I like them both.
  7. Not bad, if you like his style. It is better than his last one, and there are a couple songs that stood out as closer to the old Chris Isaak. Although not nearly as often as my wife, I saw him live many times and he can be great. He was getting to slick and sappy, but this album at least heads back in the right direction. Since then: Rasputina -- Radical Recital Rasputina -- Frustration Plantation
  8. Rumble? Flat. Head-Fi? Filtered. Loudness? Compensated.
  9. Chris Isaak -- Mr. Lucky
  10. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    The way it stands now, I think the MOAR! team will head down on Friday morning and I hope people are willing to leave LA Monday morning. I had booked Thurs. night originally before the MOAR! plan coalesced (to the extent it has). I really think we need to have a specific count of everyone who intends to be in a vehicle headed south so that we can determine what size vehicle or vehicles will be needed. Icarium got a quote from one service, but it is pretty substantial cash so we need to determine if there is a need/justification for that kind of vehicle and expense.
  11. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    The rate is guaranteed for Fri/Sat. The hotel is apparently being tight about the number of nights around Fri/Sat that it will offer at $89. That said, I was able to book Thurs. and Sun. and the guaranteed rate and if anybody has a problem with it they should let jp11801 know about it. He can prod the hotel to extend more "bumper" nights at that rate.
  12. Have a great day filled with music, scotch, cigars, and whatever other trouble you can get yourself into Naaman! Cheers!
  13. Not suck even moar, clearly.
  14. Listening to my P-1 now. It doesn't suck.
  15. Congrats on the job Ken! No help on the lappy, tho. Excited that I am getting a new Dell model -- in Dusty-approved all black, no less -- and I am hoping it can manage to play music without all the drops and stutters of my current one.
  16. Damn, that is intense! Sorry your buddy is going through this, Mike, but you are a good friend as always.
  17. Same here. I use it on PC with Firefox too.
  18. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Also nice! Glad to hear that Jeff.
  19. Jake Shimabukuro -- Walking Down Rainhill
  20. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Nice!
  21. I just remembered that you asked about how the P-1 betters the FET-A. I don't really know because I have not done a side by side comparison and do not intend to in any detail. My point was that I am not saying this little amp is the greatest thing evar and beats out my favorite "full-size" amps. If I am able to listen to the P-1 and FET-A in the next couple of days, I will post some thoughts.
  22. Six posts within minutes or registering and they are all of the same quality as the above! Hooray for you! You might want to read the PM you got upon registering and take a moment to breathe and read before blurting more. Vetiver -- Tight Knit
  23. Hold your head still, I think Reks has some education to throw at you.
  24. I didn't have the AD2Ks around so I have not heard them with the FET-A. I am not sure I will have the chance to check out that combo before I pass it along. I am not sure what you mean by "including gain" but I did not get the sense that the amp was too much for any of the low-impedance cans I used (HF-1, PS-1 and Ed. 9). I had plenty of play on the volume.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.