Everything posted by Voltron
-
Anybody care about this Superbowl?
Bruce doesn't suck after all. Just letting the E Streeters play is better than I had hoped. I thought they would muck it up with schmaltz. Oops, they just did a "skit" with a delay of game penalty and then he said he's going to D-Land. Oh well overall good enough.
-
Anybody care about this Superbowl?
Too true, my friend. And that was your bonus day too, wasn't it?! That was a nice little error. That was a fun capper to MOA. Gotta plan another. Thinking it will be a mini-MOA before CanJam since grawk and agile_one and maybe others will come up north for the caravan/bus trip to LA. If anybody is interested, let's make something happen! In N Out ftw! I sure as hell hope you are going to be able to get out of Kansas for CJ09 Naaman, and maybe you could join the pre-party mini-MOA too.
-
Anybody care about this Superbowl?
Not I, except for maybe the commercials and to see if Bruce sucks at halftime.
-
Headphone options for 300B tube amp
The skull candies would be nice, but I have K1000s that sound fantastic with my 300B amp and others like foo_me have similar setups and love them. I have also heard K340s reterminated with speaker connectors as an option (using a 4-pin xlr as main connector and optional tails of 1/4 and banana plus or spades for speakers). Those sounded very good. CD3000s various Audio Technicas sound great out of the Woo Audio 5 with 300Bs. Anybody with a WA5 should be able to tell you what they like with it.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
It's a Freddie Redd throw-down! Both Shades of Redd and Tina Brooks Back to the Tracks are coming up soon in the Music Matters 45 RPM series! As for me: This: Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat 20th Anniversary Edition (Cisco 45 RPM) Was followed by this: Sonny Cark -- Cool Struttin' (Music Matter 45 RPM)
-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JBLOUDG20!
Snarky Birthday to you, Snarky Birthday to you, Snarky Birthday dear Jaaaay, Snarky Birthday to you! Cheers!
-
I'M A MORON, LOOK AT THE PICTURES I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE TO POST
Just goes to show you that you should listen to Howard Stern. Linky pic.
-
I'M A MORON, LOOK AT THE PICTURES I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE TO POST
I agree with your point, and it is true that I was making assumptions, but it is not too big a leap to say that a person who simply posts "Holy Fuck" with that picture might be a little bit of a misogynistic bigot. It's like the guy selling "Drunken Negro Head" cookies that was in the news this week. He didn't think people should be offended or that he was using racist stereotypes, but it still came across that way to anyone with eyes and a brain. I think that guy in the front must be the "semi-liquid man" at an early age.
-
I'M A MORON, LOOK AT THE PICTURES I CHOO-CHOO-CHOOSE TO POST
I guess the sum and substance of his thread was the original title, "Holy Fuck," and an unflattering picture of Oprah. Thanks for sharing your bigotry, misogyny, and general worthlessness fucktard.
-
Official Thread: Joe Grado will not be at "Yes, We CANS 2009"
Yeah, but how about some really good stuff from AudioTailor?
-
Official Thread: Joe Grado will not be at "Yes, We CANS 2009"
Will you have any amps for sale at or after this meet where Joe Grado will not be in attendance?
-
There's something wrong in Colorado...
You mean something like this?
-
There's something wrong in Colorado...
Where does Rudi fall on the scale now?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Don't use that same storage place you put your bike and planes in last time!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Was: Andrew Bird -- Noble Beast Then was: Andrew Bird -- Soldier On Now is: Ryan Adams -- Cardinology [plenty of pics of this one already )
-
How Many 90 Year Olds Could You Take in a Fight?
Stupid fragile old people.
-
Official Head-Case Thread to help fix Icarium's SP amp
The "1" would be misleading/inaccurate though.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
What's the word on updates to the iPhone? I gotta get a new phone pretty soon but will hold out if there is a chance of a new model. MacRumors says "do not buy" right now but it is unclear when something would likely happen. Thoughts, rumors, etc?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Duncan Sheik -- Whisper House
-
Official Head-Case Thread to help fix Icarium's SP amp
In for whatever I can offer. Dan can cry on my shoulder or he could buy my Beta at a discount and have you clever people put it inside that gorgeous chassis. I will also pitch in ca$h if that doesn't make any sense. Good idea here, Todd and everybody else.
-
Mobile Me Question
I cannot answer your specific question, but I cannot see how Mobile Me would be workable without a computer in the chain. Don't you sync your iPhone on a computer somewhere/sometime? BTW, I meant to say that Mobile Me is pretty cool and I don't even have an iPhone. All of our family calendars, contacts, email, etc, is right there, and I use the photo gallery to upload and host pics all the time. Good stuff, and much improved from the former Dot Mac version.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Gene Harris and the Three Sounds -- Elegant Soul
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bon Iver -- Blood Bank Bon Iver -- For Emma, Forever Ago I really like the new 4-song EP, maybe better than the album.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Your backsplash is almost the exact mix of colors as ours in glass 1x1 tiles.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Franz Ferdinand -- Tonight: Fran Ferdinand Neko Case -- People Got A Lotta Nerve (Single) [The cover image and the repeated line "I'm a man eater" have me all tingly for some reason.