NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th

jp11801

shit can you take it to the bike shop and have them take a look at it? Redoing cables is not very expensive at least not the guy I use locally

so are we in for the 55 mile option with a medium paced 20-30 mile warm up Saturday?

In perfect world

Saturday

late morning ( I have to pick my bike up) ride 20-30

clean up and head over to OMA for a listening session (hook up with the rest of the NYC crew)

late lunch in W-burg at Muggs or DBGB's or Bling Tiger ....

wander around sampling beer and sight (update locations for straggler NYC crew)

pick a spot for dinner (Do or Dine was great last time)

pass out in anticipation of ride

Sunday

Ride 55 miles while Al reads the NY Times Sunday Edition, sips Lattes and plots his revenge on the fruit that from here on out shall never be mentioned

Party with 6000 sweaty NYC TA bike riders in Central Park

head back for much needed shower in Brooklyn and hook back up with Al and remaining NYC crew

spend rest of day embellishing on the ride and telling Mike he is still the fastest

consume beer and eat great food ....

I might just have to do that JP. 2nd option is to go to the Trek store and try their size 50. If I can fit into that then I'll just rent one. Judging from the geometry charts, it is about 1/2 size too big but we'll see. I'm pretty pissed right now there's a chance I won't have a ride Sunday. Fucking bummer :(

I wish I could do so Nate but it's either I'll have to disconnect 3 cables - Rear Brake, rear derailleur, front derailleur then fish them out the internal tunnel (which I have no idea how to do) or unwrap my bars and disconnect all the cables from both levers. That might be the better option but would mean re-taping in NYC then back in Florida.

I think I'll gonna have a recable today with enough slack to position the handlebar inside the case. If the long cables make a lot of smacking/rubbing noises (which is why I had my stock cables shortened in the first place), I'll just have to have them shortened again when I get back.

It can be fun being short at times :)

What a hassle. Better have a beer to celebrate, Raffy. :)

In perfect world

Saturday

late morning ( I have to pick my bike up) ride 20-30

clean up and head over to OMA for a listening session (hook up with the rest of the NYC crew)

late lunch in W-burg at Muggs or DBGB's or Bling Tiger ....

wander around sampling beer and sight (update locations for straggler NYC crew)

pick a spot for dinner (Do or Dine was great last time)

pass out in anticipation of ride

You guys really need to ride on Saturday too? JP's "perfect world" scenario for Saturday doesn't add up given that you are all going to want to crash by 8 or 9 pm Saturday night. I can't really see OMA >> lunch >> beer wandering >> dinner happening after a late morning ride between 2pm (optimistically) and 8pm. I'm not sure if OMA is possible on Sunday, which is another option we might look into.

Mike, you can't be old and be the fastest at the same time you know.......

I can if I get enough rest Saturday night.

Speaking of old ladies, JP said 8pm.

He only said that for me as he knows how old and feeble I have become. And yes, raffy, despite my feebleness, I am still the fastest.