Tour de France 2013

Voltron

I'm half way through today's stage, which I should have mentioned above.  I have mostly tried to skip anything that look like it might have news of the day so I have not read Vicki's post, for example.  We should try to avoid posting fresh results here in general so that we don't spoil things for tapers.  :D

I'm half way through today's stage, which I should have mentioned above.  I have mostly tried to skip anything that look like it might have news of the day so I have not read Vicki's post, for example.  We should try to avoid posting fresh results here in general so that we don't spoil things for tapers.  :D

Will remember!  

I think this possibly going to be a boring tour. Sky very rarely goes so hard that they can't recover

There are still two weeks left.  Maybe Sky will win again, but it's fun watching it all unfold, and seeing individual performances.  I don't care who wins, which makes it more entertaining.  

Jeff, I was thinking about you when I saw the finish. Yay indeed!

More importantly, I liked how the distanced contenders attacked Black and Blue and isolated the yellow jersey. I hope is this a sign of things to come in the next 2 weeks.

I was hoping they might be able to do more damage to that big lead as it appeared Movistar might be able to make some real progress.

I was also happy that when Garmin Sharp ran into people, those people were on another team.  He pretty much put that Sky racer into the creek in the early part of the race.

I was very impressed by Ryder up in the lead pack for quite a bit with a broken rib.  I would be watching the race poolside from my home if I had a broken rib not leading on a mountain stage.

• 2 weeks later...