kgst

kevin gilmore

The Russian Blue Hawaii (FluxLab) uses a lot of adhesive which tends to get not so adhesive when it warms up.  Top tip, glue and a 200W space heater doesn't mix. 

Funny enough that BH and it's sister amp run pretty cool for the breed.  Much cooler than the BHSE for instance. 

Rookie here.  Have been lurking and read through this thread and a few others.  

This amp is waaaaaay sexy.  I dont personally have the skill to build one...I'm an oaf with electronics as can be judged on the work I do on my race car...far more mechanically inclined.  

I want one bad and have a kind and skilled gent building one so I don't kill myself or my e-stats.  Tail wagging...

HS 

That reminds me too much Single Power so don't do that...  :laugh:   No caps on these but then again the PSU is 10mm from the amp boards. 

I'm thinking about making mine a 2 box affair with the kgsshv supply. Maybe I'll use those terminal block spots for caps instead and mount said caps/terminal blocks on a some perfboard

Posting a FYI to those new to tubes.

It helps SQ to clean the oxidation off of the pins. I use a stainless steel Dremel wheel and automotive Mass Air Flow cleaner (or 99% IPA) with Q tips to finish. Do not follow up with any audio fool stuff like Pro Gold, etc. Most cannot stand the heat and self destruct to a messy gooey crap that is near impossible to clean out of the socket later.

Edit: this is for unplated pins like all 6S4As used with the KGST.

Edited by Laowei
  • Like 1