Light Harmonic Geek Pulse

blessingx

• 2 weeks later...

So they first launched the Wave and then now they're launching the Source...all before completing delivery of all pre-ordered Pulses. They also seemed to completely fudged the processing of their orders, requiring a significant amount of time to "develop" a survey system so they can figure out who ordered what. Quite the snafu they have going on.

They haven't completed the deliveries of the Geek OUT's yet either!  AFAIK, they haven't STARTED delivery of the Pulse's.  

Still waiting for my Geek Out ordered last September (picked up an ifi iDSD Nano in the meantime, playing very nicely at work), and will NEVER order anything from these asswipes again!

Jeeze, I thought for sure they would've finished the Geek Out orders given how ridiculously long they worked on that stupid survey. Agreed with the Pulse's, pretty sure they haven't started delivery on those. I'm quite glad I managed to get my refund, even if that took a fair amount of hassle to get processed.

Edited by Nebby

• 2 weeks later...

They haven't completed the deliveries of the Geek OUT's yet either!  AFAIK, they haven't STARTED delivery of the Pulse's.  

Still waiting for my Geek Out ordered last September (picked up an ifi iDSD Nano in the meantime, playing very nicely at work), and will NEVER order anything from these asswipes again!

I am still waiting for my preorder geek out that was paid for in Oct,I will never order anything from them again.

If I don't get it soon I will ask for a refund.

Pictures of the actual unit or you didn't REALLY get it  :laugh:

Congrat, though....did you get a notice that it was shipping, or did it just arrive?  I think I paid for mine in September....

BTW on Tuesday 5/27 I got this in email (snipped from full message) from someone named Manny Torres:

Right now we have all of the parts needed for final assembly of the circuit board at our vendor's facility in Reno, NV.  They are going to be shipping us the assembled boards in batches of 200 each day, starting Thursday (we'll receive them at our facility on Friday).  Once we have them, we'll test them, and do the final assembly and quality assurance.  At that point, we'll ship them out to you.

Somehow, I think they missed yet another deadline....

Pictures of the actual unit or you didn't REALLY get it :laugh:

Listening to some binaural DoubleDSDs... ;)

sa9asy8a.jpg

Strange thing is I just ordered this Monday night. Completing the Pulse survey gave a single color discount option of Out (possibly already staged). I went with 450 $149 version (some thought the 1000 signature a bit U-shaped). Very surprised to see arrive today (without shipping notice or even charging my PayPal).

Er, how does it sound?

Need more time. Work getting in way. Will say with HD580s pretty damn good for $149. Grahame, I'll bring it along tomorrow if you want to give a listen.

Edited by blessingx

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened a ticket on the support page.  Had a lot of questions and accusations, we'll see if they get answered (doubt it).  

A couple folks on the forums are pretty funny, ripping LH for their lack of service.  One guy posted what i thought: they need to temp increase funding to their shipping department to get these out faster.  I also mentioned someone ordering the Geek 2nd week in July and getting it the same week; so why haven't I and others got the ones we ordered last year!

One guy in Australia asks why he was sent a tracking number for someone in CA.....

What a clusterfuck.  Not that I'm ordering anything else, but I really hope they get their act together for the other likely-to-be-delivered-late products....

Yay, Kickstarter.....still, i don't always blame the messenger, unless they were forewarned a lot re: fraud, and did nothing (sounds like it may have been on that video game linked in the article, though, so shame on them if they did nothing).

Manny got back to me today, was actually quite nice.  No excuses, just trying to do his job as best he can.  My order wasn't shipped because of the case color (silver, i upgraded over the 450) not in stock, so he offered to send immediately a black one, which I accepted.

So hopefully seeing it soon....and never dealing with them again, no matter how nice individuals are.

They've definitely opened the gates on a single color of each model (which I believe are going to be their post-launch production colors), but it sounds like some others offered during campaigns are still behind. I suspect the black model looks better. Talked briefly with Gavin at Bay Area headphone meet this weekend and he seemed nice also. 

Outs aren't the giant killers some have rumored and aren't nearly as multi-impedance friendly as I hoped, but sound pretty damn good for the price with the right phones (which from the specs aren't necessary which you'd except). Curious what you think with your HD600/650s.    

With modern off-the-shelf parts it really isn't as challenging to make something that sounds pretty good, than was the case several years ago, and it can be done for cheaper and in a smaller factor than was practicable back then. Just following the reference design is enough in many cases.

Outs aren't the giant killers some have rumored and aren't nearly as multi-impedance friendly as I hoped, but sound pretty damn good for the price with the right phones (which from the specs aren't necessary which you'd except). Curious what you think with your HD600/650s.    

Finally got mine.  Listened yesterday at work with Phonon's, and brought in the Senn 600's today, listening now.  Fairly impressed....this seems to have a leaner sound than the ifi iDSD I got while waiting for this, but not in any way to detract from overall experience.  Adds some nice air compared to iDSD, but not sure which I prefer with things like vocals and piano.  

Listening to 24/192 Bill Evans Waltz For Debby, it's fairly sublime, nice way to start my day since I'm in earlier than most others.  Will compare that to DSD of the same, as well as play some other DSD I have (ELP Brain Salad Surgery, Pink Floyd Wish You Were here, Propaganda Wishful Thinking, and Belafonte At Carnegie Hall).  

Happy for a minimal-meeting day!!  Head down, music on, I might even get some work done.....

BTW....I have the Geek 700, not the 450; no issue to drive the Senn's.  Does run quite warm, almost hot.  Wonder about long-term reliability with things in such a small package.

• Like 1

Glad early signs are encouraging.

On the reliability front had to send mine back for replacement - had increasing burning smell (probably your worst fear). That said it was there at the beginning and I haven't seen other reports so may be a lemon. Replacement sent out yesterday so we'll see if the issue is localized.

Surprisingly really kinda missed it at work while it was gone. I can only play PCM? WTH?

The GO720 seems to be hitting last so I haven't seen many impressions. Some claim the GO1000 has a bit of a U-shaped signature compared to the GO450.

Lots of deserving LH criticism and I'd still love to hear the Resonessence Labs Herus in comparison, but as Tyll said earlier (and Filburt referenced recently) - you can get pretty fine sound for a little cash (properly implemented and with complimentary gear) at the moment. Can't think of a better example to how different the audio world is than HeadFest 07.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, they "upgraded" me from 420 to a 1000, but my plan was to use it to drive IEMs, so I complained. When I got the 420 and listened to it, it was noisy as fuck and so I tried the 1000. Eureka! Even though the volume control is a bit coarse, it's totally silent with JH16s. I uncomplained and sent back the 420.

It's red!

P.S. They gave me a t-shirt that would have totally fit me in 1978.

• Like 2