Light Harmonic Geek Pulse

blessingx

Have these Ponsi-schemers even made good on the last offering?

Apparently not yet, from their comment section on their previous project:

brampribadi
19 hours ago
Gavin: “With the success of both Geek Out and Geek Pulse,…”
I would consider both are successful, only after every backers received their units.
To start another campaign before delivering previous campaigns doesn’t seem like a good idea to me.

geoff.sinfield
4 hours ago
I can’t help but feel betrayed by this campaign. It doesn’t seem fair to the thousands of people waiting on product to go out and start another campaign. I’m still waiting on the survey you said would be out 3 weeks ago. I’ve participated in many crowd-funded products and this is certainly the one with the poorest management. My two-cents on this subject are CANCEL the new campaign and get your other products shipped.
Edited by Nebby

More?

Geek Out 1000 SE Specs

*Gold color, with personalized creators' signatures

*Limited Edition - Only 32 will be made.

*Individually numbered (1 of 32, 2 of 32, etc.)

*Hand-matched high-precision components

*THD+N is half the distortion of production Geek Out 1000

*To be shipped directly after the end of the campaign

Note: If you don't want to wait, there are 16 Geek Out 1000 SE's for sale on the campaign right now for $899 each!

• 3 weeks later...

"In order to properly suss any headphone amp, you'd ideally have a bunch of 'phones of varying flavors and loads. I don't and I also don't spend any real time listening through headphones since I don't really enjoy the experience."

??

No, the part about it being a touch screen and "smart-phone/iTouch-sized", yes, but ... I'm a software engineer, so I'm talking about the GUI -- it doesn't even look remotely similar (no sarcasm).

EDIT:  admittedly, from the one pic, haven't watched "the video" or anything.  What Al does fascinates me, especially from the IP perspective.

When a company has this

davinci_dual_dac.jpg

under its belt, the DAP looks a bit... poseur-esque.

Frankly, all that shit on their page looks great, but the fact that they are balls deep in product announcements, and they, to the best of my knowledge, have not shipped any of the products that started this topic even when the claimed shipping date was April (not to mention ) is just insane.  People are way too eager to jump on the hype train.

Finally:  A March 2015 release date on this bastard?  FFS!

Edited by roadtonowhere08
  • Like 1

No, the part about it being a touch screen and "smart-phone/iTouch-sized", yes, but ... I'm a software engineer, so I'm talking about the GUI -- it doesn't even look remotely similar (no sarcasm).

EDIT:  admittedly, from the one pic, haven't watched "the video" or anything.  What Al does fascinates me, especially from the IP perspective.

GUI has nothing to do with this comparison.  Apple's rounded rectangle design patents for the hardware look like these (and dotted lines like some of the buttons, speaker slots and screens do not count/are not claimed as part of the design):

USD0558757-20080101-D00000.png

000888920_0018_1_source.jpg?__SQUARESPAC

10x0504mebnwiphone3g.jpg

• Like 1

GUI has nothing to do with this comparison. Apple's rounded rectangle design patents for the hardware look like these (and dotted lines like some of the buttons, speaker slots and screens do not count/are not claimed as part of the design):

USD0558757-20080101-D00000.png

000888920_0018_1_source.jpg?__SQUARESPAC

10x0504mebnwiphone3g.jpg

Are you serious? THEY HAVE A PATENT ON THE ROUNDED RECTANGLE SHAPE that any sane smartphone-with-a-touchscreen developer would adopt so it would go smoothly into one's pocket? !?!? For fuck's sake...

Sent from mah phone-blet via Tapatalk