Guitar-Case

VPI

Yup, even more important than electric guitars to try before you buy (or "...before the return period concludes" [guitar center]), since the luthiering of acoustic guitars is an even more exacting/mysterious business than electric guitars.  Knowing PRS, they're probably fine, but I just won't recommend from a place of complete ignorance.

I have a Parker and a Godin Multiac (semi-acoustic/acoustic-electric/whatever you want to call it...and it's a 7-string, yes) -- I definitely favor the Godin, but probably not a good first guitar.  They do appear to have some entry level acoustics.  Taylors and Martins are the go-to brands.  I'd also try Yamaha, they're solid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ ...has been making the rounds on Facebook this weekend -- apparently it's specifically designed for women.

http://nerdist.com/st-vincent-ernie-ball-guitar-for-women/

On an unrelated note, I sent out two of four guitars today, so the downsizing begins.  I am getting one in return, but it's a really nice one, and will take up 1/4 less space.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have spent too much money on two boutique Parlor guitars and found neither ever got played.  Strange size and nuts are interesting to have in the collection, but I would typically go with a Dread or at least an OM if I am getting a boutique guitar.

I did see a Nerd Money ATM in Chicago and thought of you.

• Like 5