Guitar-Case

VPI

I'm thinking of selling my stuff locally since I haven't really gotten around to playing it for a while.

I dont think I have the patience to re-learn everything at this point.

If anyone is interested.  50 cents on the dollar should do it.  

Fender twin (15")

ernie ball albert lee

vintage/boutique pedals

good chords and whatnot

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the 4th one a week ago.  Two are SEs (the beater Santana that started it all, and the 7-stringer that just came out), the other two are cores (Mira & Starla).  Those latter two are the better ones.  They're both flat black and with dot inlays, so they were cheaper, but they're still 2 of the 3 best guitars I own.

The 3rd being a Parker.

Kind of off topic but somewhat related - any ukulele players out there? In my new position I teach 7th and 8th grade general music and guitar has been a big part of the curriculum in the past. Doing guitar with my 7th graders has been mostly successful but some of the physical obstacles have been frustrating for a lot of the kids. Their hands can be quite small at the age making stretching out to even the 3rd fret difficult. Chords like C and G look like they are impossible for some of the kids.

I asked a local shop to loan me some ukes and God these things are so easy to play and jam out on, it's a lot of fun. Just seeing if anyone else out there has played with an uke before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use something similar for my ukes. I found the cigar world has many products that basically keep RH dead on at 50% RH. I use tubes filled with humidity beads from heartfelt industries.

There are tons of DIY options as well. I have 30 solid ukes in my classroom and over long breaks I put them in plastic bins with a container of water storing crystals I bought from Home Depot and those work well.

• Like 1

I use something similar for my ukes. I found the cigar world has many products that basically keep RH dead on at 50% RH. I use tubes filled with humidity beads from heartfelt industries.

There are tons of DIY options as well. I have 30 solid ukes in my classroom and over long breaks I put them in plastic bins with a container of water storing crystals I bought from Home Depot and those work well.

Interesting, thanks for the additional input.

The heartfelt beads work perfectly. It's such a stupidly simple concept that just makes total sense. Basically the beads are impregnated with a certain salt solution that emits a certain RH. The humidipak is essentially the same thing. One of the more weird options that works as well are kitty litter beads.

• Like 1

I would look into Boveda packs, depending on how far from your RH you are and how much you want to spend (these two are related). Beads are only one-way humidity control, Boveda isn't.

That's what I use for my cigars and it's fantastic. I use Oasis for my instruments.

Edited by luvdunhill