AKG K1000 amps

PFKMan23

Hmm.. interesting.. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of tube amp that used power tubes, not sure if I want an OTL or TC design though... Some other SS options woud be cool too.

::) @ Go Vibe.. I have a PINT so the Go Vibe would be a no.

durango_amps.jpg

You could run those three in series.

Get Woo's new 300B! Just coming out. This amp should rock! Notice the seperate power supply, and balanced connection. It has speaker outs, K1000 out, high/low dynamic switch.

Meh, it's just another one of the countless 6SL7-6SN7-300B amps, nothing special, those things are a dime a dozen. Not bad, but nothing special other than the 2-chassis design.

What I'm saying is, go nuts, get really out there on the fringe and build something like The Karna. Push-pull 5687 to 2A3 to 300B, loads more power & control, sounds radically different from the traditional single-ended 300B. The only downside is it's gonna cost a fortune and you need to get someone to custom-build it.

Meh, it's just another one of the countless 6SL7-6SN7-300B amps, nothing special, those things are a dime a dozen. Not bad, but nothing special other than the 2-chassis design.

What I'm saying is, go nuts, get really out there on the fringe and build something like The Karna. Push-pull 5687 to 2A3 to 300B, loads more power & control, sounds radically different from the traditional single-ended 300B. The only downside is it's gonna cost a fortune and you need to get someone to custom-build it.

:o

Any more "affordable" DIY 300B designs?

It looks like the Woo5 is $3000.

First Watt F1. I found it better than the RWA Sig 30 (which is excellent as well) and a Cary 300sei with WE tubes. Have Mikhail add preamp outs if you don't already have it to your MPX3 Slam and you are good to go. They can be found on Audiogon for $1500 used from time to time or you could go here: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1177292886

I am surprised that the RWA Sig 30 gets so much praise given what it is inside it...

To state the obvious, it sounds good (to me at least). I had one in my system with a pair of Abbys and but for the F1, I would probably still have it.

I don't think I would use it with speakers below 95db but with 95db and above it's a nice amp.