Anyone up for a massive group buy?

aerius

I came across this on DIYaudio. 200,000, that's right, 200,000 tubes going for the low price of $5000.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/294947822.html

Here is a very scarce offering to anyone who is into selling, repairing, fixing anything that takes an old tube. There is over 200,000+ tubes, all un-sorted, many high ended tubes for guitar amplifiers and high ended pre-amplifiers. 12ax7s,12at7s, 12au7s, 6v6,6L6, 6sn7s, 6sl7s, 5u4s, 5y3s, etc. etc.etc. Many tubes are of the old "globe type" or ST type, as well as straight sided tubes. Nothing foreign! Many Euroipean tubes. I truly have never sorted these tubes. I also will not sell just a few boxes, it's all or nothing. The contents measure an area 10' x 10' x 10'+ high. Many tubes still new in boxes, but the majority are that of tubes that are loose. If your looking to make some money of starting your own business, this is a goldmine!

$5000,00 or best offer. No photos, you must E-mail for info

That's like 2.5 cents a tube! Transporting them all is going to be a bitch though, but seriously, 200,000 tubes. :o

I came across this on DIYaudio. 200,000, that's right, 200,000 tubes going for the low price of $5000.

That's like 2.5 cents a tube! Transporting them all is going to be a bitch though, but seriously, 200,000 tubes. :o

The last load of tubes I had a hand in transporting took two 53 foot semi's filled top to bottom. It's a long story.

This guy's only got 1000 cubic feet. Piece of cake. Probably fit into a big U-Haul.

Guest sacd lover

i'll pay for all the 6sl7 tubes.. and any 6c33 ones as well....

I would bet for sure you wouldnt find any 6c33's. I would also bet most of the tubes are the odd one volt and two volt tubes and the ones that are 17/19 25 volt etc... The other question is how many actually are good? Unless you are local the cost of shipping the tubes to everyone can be very pricey.