What the hell do you have to do to get an amp from singlepower?

hungrych

Maybe i should get into the business of upgrading/repairing

singlepower and mcalister stuff. Sounds like a full time job to me :D

A complete rebuild of jason's amp (same exact design, built correctly)

is about $500 in parts plus about 30 hours of labor. At my labor rates

that would be about $5750. Special discount for jason only.... $3000

Maybe mikhail might want to do that design in a dual box setup.

Got to be >$9000 .....

Maybe i should get into the business of upgrading/repairing

singlepower and mcalister stuff. Sounds like a full time job to me :D

A complete rebuild of jason's amp (same exact design, built correctly)

is about $500 in parts plus about 30 hours of labor. At my labor rates

that would be about $5750. Special discount for jason only.... $3000

Maybe mikhail might want to do that design in a dual box setup.

Got to be >$9000 .....

Oh snap? :police:

I might need get some of your advice later. Haha, hopefully that won't cost too much. :o

I'm joking of course except i'm not really joking. Duplicating jason's unit with point to point wiring

done woo audio style would be god awful amounts of labor, and therefore out of line expense wise.

So the thing i would really do is do a complete circuit board layout. All of the parts one one board of

about 10 x 15 inches. With a group buy of boards something this size would likely be about $75 each.

It would probably take me less time to layout the board, than to actually build one. A lot less time.

Might even make it 2 dual mono boards, so you could build the thing as unbalanced only.

Then just about anyone could stuff the parts and build the thing. Do it right with a real chassis, or

a complete abortion like that wood thing that jason built.

You could build it ray samuels style (tubes on one side, all the parts on the other) or justin wilson

style (all the parts on one side of the board) Hell i can even layout the board singlepower style

with all the tubes at 45 degree angles.

For the record regardless of what has been previously said about jason's unit, there is absolutely nothing

new in the design that has not been done hundreds of times before. Nothing new, nothing proprietary

nothing out of the ordinary... Although the tube compliment is a bit unusual.

I'm joking of course except i'm not really joking. Duplicating jason's unit with point to point wiring

done woo audio style would be god awful amounts of labor, and therefore out of line expense wise.

So the thing i would really do is do a complete circuit board layout. All of the parts one one board of

about 10 x 15 inches. With a group buy of boards something this size would likely be about $75 each.

It would probably take me less time to layout the board, than to actually build one. A lot less time.

Might even make it 2 dual mono boards, so you could build the thing as unbalanced only.

Then just about anyone could stuff the parts and build the thing. Do it right with a real chassis, or

a complete abortion like that wood thing that jason built.

You could build it ray samuels style (tubes on one side, all the parts on the other) or justin wilson

style (all the parts on one side of the board) Hell i can even layout the board singlepower style

with all the tubes at 45 degree angles.

For the record regardless of what has been previously said about jason's unit, there is absolutely nothing

new in the design that has not been done hundreds of times before. Nothing new, nothing proprietary

We're getting excited. :angel:

But wait, are you serious about this?

Guest sacd lover

Ask 5687, he seems to get a constant stream of Singlepower gear delivered to his home.

He had my SLAM SE over a year. PFKMan23 had has his a couple months before I got mine and my amp was the original. The Supra-Extreme was about nine months. Actually, I probably get my stuff slower than most of you because he knows I have other amps. I got my Extreme first because I had been bugging him for 2.5 years to build a 6as7 amp. When I found out he was actually going to do the 6as7 amp I bought one before the preorder.

You are probably right, but that IS a guess... right now anyways. ;)

"or a complete abortion like that wood thing that jason built" - Huh? Are you talking about the power supply for my prototype POS amp? The amp was actually on a scrap piece of plexi, get it right! :D

EDIT: Go to the 'Hell hath frozen over' thread for info on what Peter told me.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to mikhail about 4 months ago about a custom amp, he told me he'd get me a quote. Though i haven't been holding my breath, that's the last i heard of it. I guess i didn't need it that bad ; ).

You should keep in contact (by phone) on a regular basis.

I have a custom power supply which I ordered last August that I'm still waiting on.I tend to give him a ring every week or so.He is conscious of the delays but I think they just have so much work on.

If you don't like single powers service, stop ordering from them damn...

Biggie.

Biggie,

That's all well and good for new customers but the issue here seems to be people that have already paid for services and are not receiving them in any sort of timely fashion. And it's not just as simple as calling your credit card to cancel your order if you've sent the guy your amp to upgrade. And it doesn't seem like calling for an update really works since all he does is placate you by telling you that it's nearly done and should ship soon. The net result is that he gets to it when he gets to it and that's that. I didn't realize that things had gotten as bad as they appear to have based on recent threads and conversations with folks. Not good...