HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

My condolences to TMoney for going to a Warriors home game they actually lost.

Not sure you need all that philosophical mumbo jumbo to explain how terrible an idea it is to tank for many years, draft a bunch of centers instead of positions they needed, and trade away pieces for more picks.

• Like 2

Which game? Celtics or the Wolves? I was watching the Wolves game (as I do EVERY Wolves game) and completely going out of my mind with pride and excitement! What can I say, I'm an Andrew Wiggins junkie (being a Kansas alum). Just think he's got such incredible potential with crazy athleticism and more quickness than even he can keep up with at times. Give him another 2-3 years and 15 pounds of muscle and there really is no ceiling.

• Like 2

It was vs. the Wolves. Here I was thinking the Warriors would win easily and I'd get to see the Minnesota young-guns show their stuff. At least I was half right. :wacko:

KAT is already a monster. Someone on twitter called him a "fully armed and operational battle-station." I agree.

IMG_0091.jpg

• Like 1

Shaq calls him 7 foot Drake :D Bbq chickkeeenn

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597566-karl-anthony-towns-mimics-shaqs-bbq-chicken

Wolves definitely have a lot of potential, with two back-to-back rookies of the year and Zach "Dunk god" Lavine as their core. The Wolves Warriors game was kind of the nail in the coffin for that 73 win record...  they still have a chance to tie the Bulls record, though.

Record is still alive, but it seems more important to focus on re-integrating the guys who are coming back from injuries like Iggy and Ezili.

I don't think they will rest any core players unless they lose both Spurs games. As long as 72 or 73 wins is still a possibility they are going to go for it.

7 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Shaq calls him 7 foot Drake :D Bbq chickkeeenn

That was a funny clip. 

Man, I gotta tell you, this kid has been fun to watch all season long, but he's really been starting to come into his own during the past 6 weeks or so. He's got an endless arsenal of offensive moves and is always showing something new. I think he was just a little tentative during the first couple of months of the season. He still put up great numbers, but now he's showing more and more flair.  He could be a Globetrotter, easily. Great handles and incredible footwork for a big man.

Record is still alive, but it seems more important to focus on re-integrating the guys who are coming back from injuries like Iggy and Ezili.

I don't think they will rest any core players unless they lose both Spurs games. As long as 72 or 73 wins is still a possibility they are going to go for it.

This is kind of a touch spot to be in, because their last 4 games are anything but easy!  Do you go all out trying to get 72 or 73, or do you forget that and give guys as much rest as possible?  I know what MJ would do and what Kobe would do if there was a record on the line that still could be broken, but not everyone is made of the same stuff.

Edited by Wmcmanus
  • Like 1

Nuggets just beat the Spurs in epic clutch fashion, like they did the Warriors earlier in the season. Will be interesting to see if Spurs rest starters next game against the Warriors in preparation for the playoffs, since their No. 2 seed is a lock. Like Wayne said, we should be getting an exciting record no matter what :)

• Like 2

It was a brutal no call, but would have also been a brutal call in that situation. They're taught (from their early days as refs, not that the NBA would endorse it as such) to eat your whistle unless it's a patently obvious foul in the last seconds of a game. Let the players and the plays decide the game. Not saying it should be that way, but that's the way it is.

On the other hand, the refs tried to steal a win from the Wolves against the Warriors as well with the phantom foul on Towns against Curry. So maybe there is something going on there, at least at a subconscious level since I'm sure the refs are as excited about the possibility of 73 as any other fan of the game is.

Big game tomorrow night. Interesting how both teams (coaches and players) and toeing the company line of "Oh, it doesn't mean shit, these silly records, all that matters is winning championships..." and then the fans all go "Rah, rah, rah, that's what make Pops such a great coach" or "That's what makes the Warriors such a great team" they're all about the championships and nothing else matters! Even though we all know that 73 DOES matter and being undefeated at home DOES matter to them, no matter how much they try to pretend like it doesn't.  

Edited by Wmcmanus

Warriors are 5.5 point underdogs on the road in San Antonio. I realize:

1) Its the 2nd game of a back to back,

2) They seemingly haven't won a (regular season) game there since the 1990's,

3) The biggest thing they have to play for is a record that won't mean much if they don't also win a title,

4) It may just be the homer in me,

but gimme the Warriors to win this one!!!!

• Like 1

Curry obviously will win another MVP, but he really should be considered for the Most Improved Player of the year as well, as crazy that may seem.

Scoring has gone up from 23.8 to 29.9 and he's shattered this own record for most 3s in a season (from 286 to 392 and a chance to get to 400 tonight).  

His assists are down a little but his rebounds are up so that's offsetting.  Really, for anyone to go from 24 to 30 points per game in one season, you would normally say it's a breakout season!

• Like 1