HC NBA Ballers

TMoney

It was a fun game. The call at the end annoyed me too, but the Warriors had already given the game away in the 2nd half. The missed call just made a very unlikely comeback more unlikely than it already was.

Warriors are going to have to play better if they are going to win this series, in particular the Warriors centers. Klay also didn't seem like himself after RWB nearly decapitated him with an elbow on the big collision the two of them had. I hope he didn't get a concussion.

I gotta hand it to the OKC guys though. Adams was amazing (+19!!!) and Chuck nailed it, RWB is tough as nails. He took some very big hits and came right back to dominate the second half.

--

They say a series doesn't really start until someone loses at home. Well... game on!

To be quite frank, I'm actually rooting for OKC.  I don't mind either team as long as they show Cleveland the exit door again.  Deep down, I have a problem with what what Lebron is doing to each of his star-studded team.  

Barnes and Iggy are playing worse than last year, and Klay is pretty streaky. If Draymond and Steph don't show up, like last night, then there's no one to actually score. They should go back to running the offense through Steph, he isn't doing well off ball and Draymond is a turnover machine. Go back to the basics and set screens for your guards, Dray!

Yeah, its either the fact that Curry's injured or that they are choking on a historical level (probably both). The most wins in a season in NBA history and to wash out this easy is pretty epic. I'm very impressed with OKC either way. The warriors are done. There's no way they win 3 against OKC. Go Sharks! 

Edited by robm321
  • Like 1

So sad that a historic 73 win season will end like this. Didn't even think about it but you're probably right, Steph may not be at 100%, possibly due to playing those huge minutes his first game back from the injury. Well, at least we know KD isn't leaving OKC/Westbrook anytime soon.

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but I thought there was a bunch of research showing that a mild version of the "hot hand" actually does exist in pro basketball?

EDIT: Here is the link to one of the papers presented at the Sloan conference a few years back on this subject: http://www.sloansportsconference.com/content/the-hot-hand-a-new-approach-to-an-old-fallacy/

Edited by TMoney

On 5/25/2016 at 6:35 PM, dsavitsk said:

It shows a tiny statistical effect, but not the sort of thing you could watch and actually notice. There is certainly not enough of an effect to declare someone streaky.

I'm not sure that you have read the wiki entry you linked? The study mentioned in the wikipedia entry is moot, as when you try to single out variables and remove external factors you destroy any chance of measuring anything resembling the point of the experiment. Analyzing free throws or doing shooting contests has nothing to do with trying to run sets and make shots in a game. Confidence level due to being "hot" is easily observed through body language and, for example, whether or not players defer to teammates instead of taking the shot (which they think they will miss, and because of that, more likely will). A lot of basketball plays are made based on who currently has the hot hand. To assign hot or not as if they were coin tosses to a completely unrelated situation, you might as well be measuring the color blue in the number 938. The hot hand fallacy framed by that experiment is a fallacy in itself. "However, later research has questioned whether the belief is indeed a fallacy.[1][2] More recent studies using modern statistical analysis have shown that there is evidence for the "hot hand" and that in fact, it may not be a fallacy.[2] "

This "survey" mentioned in the entry consists of two clearly loaded questions (and you can't prove a fallacy on another fallacy): "(1) Does a basketball player have a better chance of making a shot after having just made the last two or three shots than after having missed the last two or three shots? (2) Is it important to pass the ball to someone who has just made several shots in a row?[4] "

Happy for the GSW win, Steph looking more like himself out there. :)