Hockey Thread - 2015/2016 Season

Aura

Getting ahead of the season with something a bit different. I think Subban is a total dick on the ice but this was quite something: $10 million donation to the Montreal Children's Hospital.

Meanwhile, one of our Chicago studs is figuring out how much cash he'll need to pay the woman he may/may not have raped...

At least the hawks re-signed Marcus Kruger. My faith in the 4th line is restored.

• 2 weeks later...

Raffi Torres suspended 41 games for a shitty pre-season hit.  Good riddance to bad trash.

Zack Kassian suspended without pay after being involved in a bad crash (though i don't believe he was driving), headed to "level 2" rehab-type help.

NHL admitting Coke may be prevalent in usage by players.

Gonna be a fun season.....lets get the games freaking started, need to focus on some real hockey.

• Like 1

Not liking the idea of 3-on-3 in OT. Seems really unnecessary. 

Not surprised that the Rags got the best of Hawks last night... banner presentation, strong opponent, new players needing to mesh. But apparently, I missed some interesting things happen during the Sharks/Kings game:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/webm/x2l0.webm

and

NecessaryImperturbableIlsamochadegu.gif

I'm a bit glad the Bruins got rid of Lucic.  He DOES tend to play better in contract years, but he was somewhat neutered for much of last year, definitely floated a lot.  Also very emotional and still a bit immature as that clip showed.  It's too bad, because when he's truly on, he's fucking amazing.

Now, THIS year's Bruins.  Well, if they don't start getting their act together, it's gonna be a LOOOONG year....they will improve over a pitiful 6-2 opening day loss, but I'm not sure how far they'll go.

I don't understand that second video. It looked like the guy starting the fight was pissed because he missed a massively dangerous hit?

It's because [and Todd I mean no offense] Lucic (the guy who got hit) is an immature little bitch and decided to retaliate. It's hard to tell but he basically threw his elbow into that guy's face at the bench. I am also glad he's no longer with Boston. 

It's because [and Todd I mean no offense] Lucic (the guy who got hit) is an immature little bitch and decided to retaliate. It's hard to tell but he basically threw his elbow into that guy's face at the bench. I am also glad he's no longer with Boston. 

And I'm really disappointed that he's on the Kings.

No offense taken, Bryan.  I called him immature as well (though I said "a bit" and you're probably more accurate).

Loved Lucic when he was "on," not so much when he did stupid shit like that.  And he was doing that more recently, especially during/after the Habs beat the Bruins in the playoffs two years ago.

EDIT: BTW, Lucic was probably pissed that the intended recipient ducked down and (in Lucic's eyes, not mine) undercut Lucic.  That's considered "bad code" in some aspects.  Brad Marchand did the same thing to one of the Sedin brothers back in 2011.  He was trying to avoid a hit, but it was potentially dangerous in and of itself.  That said, my thought is good for you if you duck the hit, as long as you don't purposefully try to flip the other guy over.  Marchand was borderline doing that, the guy who did it to Lucic was purely avoiding a hit.  It was Lucic's momentum and awkwardness that sent him overboard.

Edited by skullguise

Wow, great stretch Bryan.  I had to count the Isles' players to make sure it wasn't a power play!

Bruins are looking ugly still, but you can see a bit of hope that this won't be a season without ANY wins.  Definitely a rebuilding year, and our prospect pool is getting filled pretty well.