Stax mafia multibit dac?

mtoc

Hawaii, north of vegas, something like that.

had enough of illinois budget woes, as in not plowing the streets in the winter more than every other day.

The trick is making a 24 bit dac that actually meets the specs that some people out there quote. The rest is pretty easy.

And the data i/o is heading to the recycler today. found a fool to take the metler as an antique show piece.

Edited by kevin gilmore
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

not that long

curious, will it build by resistors? (i guess not, too costy, one guy once told me he built a dac using more than 500 resistors nearly broke his bank and neck by his wife)

How else are you going to do a multi bit dac?  You need precision resistors and they won't be cheap.

I'll find a nice house for Kevin here so he can spend the summers awake for 24 hrs.  ;D  It's a month till the solstice and yet the sun barely sets... 

Well the heat isn't free but I pay about 1$ per 1m3 of 70°C water.  Monthly use is about 100m3's but I'm probably running on the old estimate.  We don't use this stuff sparingly at all, my entire driveway is heated and the walkway to the house. 

I just checked the electricity (as I plan to buy an electric car) and it costs 5cents per kWh.  So filling up a Tesla is about 4$...  It is a sharp learning curve for us to stay in countries without an abundance of clean energy.  :) 

I'll post some pics later on... 

17 hours ago, spritzer said:

(Snip)  It is a sharp learning curve for us to stay in countries without an abundance of clean energy.  :) 

(Snip)

That is, until Eyjafjallajökull decides to blow it's top and grace the passing planes with an unplanned holiday.....    B)

• Like 1

Hi Spritzer

Do you have some super heavy duty wipers for your cars in Iceland?

What is the price of a Tesla X there with all the options and do it have a built in KGSShv special ed amp option?

I hope Kevin or yourself should design a stats amp for the Tesla if none is available ;)

I think driving with headphones is illegal but yeah, I could cram an amp in there.  There is no official reseller for Tesla here and the guy selling them is the scum of the earth so I'
d buy directly from the factory. 

The view from the porch is pretty boring but there are some nice spots around the house.  I'm about 200m from the see so far enough away...  :P

• Like 1