EC Black Widow

Wade

EC Studio is parallel SE -- I have his 445.  On the 445, the OPTs got tertiary windings for feedback; hence extra wires.  Studio uses 2A3 instead of 45, not sure if the tertiary feedback windings are still there or not.  Most of the $7K is in those Tribute ITs, may be silver windings?  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, purrinn said:

EC Black Widow!

Shitposter... Is that you mtoc?

12 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

I'm looking to level up from my GS1. Has anyone laid eyes on one of these? Preconceptions make me nervous about build/component quality...

52 minutes ago, purk said:

GS-1 with Dynalo plus modules from Justin?

Yes. Driving HD600, HD800 and Paradox Slant. I love the relative transparency of GS1 and it drives these headphones really well but I sometimes wonder what more power could bring to the table. Living on the arsehole of the earth I have never had a chance to hear Dynahi :P

2 hours ago, HemiSam said:

The GS-1 with the dynalo+ boards upgrade does great with the HD650's.  I'm curious about this dynahi but I need it about as much as I need another car...  The price point sure does look sexy for what it appears to be....

HS

I do have the Susy Dynahi with Dual Sigma 22 boards and it is as good if not slightly better than my old Headamp GS-X MKII.  If this amp is legit and done right, this is a screaming bargain.  Plus it is desktop friendly as well.

23 hours ago, purk said:

Thanks Birgir.  Wonder what's the gain setting would be?  20?  My SuSy Dynahi has a gain setting of 6 or 8 (can't remember) and it proves to be very flexible at driving anything including the Qualia all the way to HEK.

The seller states gain is 40. What would be a good middle ground with this design for HD600, HD800, LCD2 etc?