2019 NHL Playoffs

grawk

OV is a big, strong man.  Sometimes cheap, but I've been a loose fan for a while, and a HUGE fan briefly when I found out he wears #8 for his mom!  Was very happy he got a Cup last year.

Watching the Bruins game, good series between them and the Leafs.  Lots of letting the players play, but it results in Toronto fans complaining they let the Bruins do too much last game; and the Bruins fans (a few) complaining that now Toronto is getting away with more.

But to me, story line of 2019 so far is Tampa Bay being down 3-0 in games....

Brind'Amour has to be pissed that Svech decided to go. Ovi is a tank. Looks like it won’t impact this game but could mean something as the series lengthens.

Also I am greatly enjoying switching to caps and canes so I don’t have to hear Milbury.

so far this year is delivering. fuck pittsburgh. and, well, tampa getting knocked out in four was just plain fun. i would now like every remaining series to go 7 because moar hockey.

also i'd thought caps vs. lightning was the ECF we deserved but now i'm thinking caps vs. jackets for a rematch from last year is the ECF we need.

If the Bruins can't make it, I want Columbus to go all the way in the East.  Torts tends to wear his welcome out over time, but he's a good coach (and hilarious for interviews) and he has amped up that team.  It looked like it took a while for them to gel with the trade deadline deals, but they are getting it together at the right time.

Pretty open for who to root for in the West, wouldn't mind seeing Vegas in the finals again....

The top seeds in each conference have been eliminated in round one, first time ever apparently.  Combined record of 1 win, 8 losses!  Ouch.....

Bruins don't seem to have the heart to answer Toronto's game.  Some people complaining about goalie interference on Toronto's first goal last night.  By letter of the law it may have been, but that wasn't the main reason why they lost.  Hoping they get it together for game 6 and then even game 7!

Tom, I'm loving that the Isles got through as well, especially since they swept Pittsburgh.  There's a tiny bit of me that would love to see them beat Toronto in the ECF and have Tavares hand-shaking as a loser.  But the bigger part of me wants the Bruins in, and even if not then for Columbus to beat Toronto.

Edited by skullguise

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, skullguise said:

Tom, I'm loving that the Isles got through as well, especially since they swept Pittsburgh.  There's a tiny bit of me that would love to see them beat Toronto in the ECF and have Tavares hand-shaking as a loser. .

That would be something else to see,I can't wait for round2, I would like to see Boston knock out the Leafs as well.

Some folks arguing that shouldn't have been a 5-minute major.  It was a VERY hard push, though, and then the second player also contributed to Pavelski nearly flipping over and landing awkwardly.  I've read that the refs didn't even have their arms up initially.

This may be the case of handing out punishment after seeing the injury.  It could have been a 5-minute, or even a 2-minute penalty.  It is what it is, though.  And for Vegas to give up 4 goals like that, power play or not, is bad.

So congrats to San Jose.  Happy for the Bruins, they played a great game seven despite lots of 2nd period push from the Leafs.  And I'm SO happy Kadri won't get to play again this year....

Now let's see if the Hurricanes can upset the Caps.  Don't think they can, but a lot more surprises have happened this year.....