Fleabag

blessingx

Okay, the same weekend GoT finishes, the second and last season of Fleabag hits Amazon Prime (it’s already aired in Britain). Can we now call it the best thing on TV? Know there are other fans here, including Stretch, and suspect there would be many more given the chance. 

10 hours ago, Voltron said:

Just started watching season one yesterday and love it. Found out today that Fleabag Phoebe also created and wrote Killing Eve, so I am even more impressed. 

I think she worked on the second season of Fleabag and the first of Killing Eve at the same time. I thought I was busy. 

Like many shows, Fleabag is getting a cultural translation. Kind of. A French faithful adaptation. I know I'm being naive, and this is likely just about native positioning and cash, but have you heard of stranger, lighter,  justification for adapting? 

Mouche, which broadcasts on 3 June, has been described as a faithful adaptation of Waller-Bridge’s original – recapturing the series almost scene for scene. 

The writer and director, Jeanne Herry, told France Inter radio this week: “The English version is excellent, so I don’t see why you’d change it.”

“We found it worked with Paris decor and costumes. It’s a series that is not so much about England or English culture but about the times we’re living in. Those times we’ve living in have a similar impact across Europe and the western world and similar themes – personal connection, the difficulties of talking – at the heart of families. It’s all so universal that the connection worked.”

It's even the same song! 

Now it seems like I’m obsessing, but Phoebe Waller-Bridge was just brought in to spice up the next Bond film script.

“There’s been a lot of talk about whether or not [the Bond franchise] is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women,” she says. “I think that’s bollocks. I think he’s absolutely relevant now. It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.”

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...