holy poo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as though that after an outlay of $600 for 3 extra hd/dvr's I would save roughly $70/mo with directv (after the first 12 months when I would save more than $90). The on demand seems a bit complicated as it requires you to connect to your router. However, if I tell my wife I'm saving on the deal, she might go for it. I always thought that satellite had a better picture than cable. I should check out dishnetwork to see what they are offering these days.

Comcast cable blows. They keep getting these pauses in the digital signal, and the frame freezes and the audio drops out for like 20 second increments.

It always seems to happen at the climax of a show.

I got on the horn to yell at them the other day for this very reason and after waiting several minutes, an automated voice apologized, saying I couldn't be connected.

! :mad: !

One of my friends has that problem. Seems their QC isn't all that great, but I haven't had problems. The picture quality with football isn't that great compared to DirectTV's NFL Network though.

One semi-angry phone call to Comcast later and they knocked 20% off my bill and reactivated the two premium channels that we previously had. Amazing that they flat out refused to do this for my wife not more than two weeks ago and had the balls to charge us a $1.99 change of service fee for the expiration of the of their promotion. :palm:

It looks as though that after an outlay of $600 for 3 extra hd/dvr's I would save roughly $70/mo with directv (after the first 12 months when I would save more than $90). The on demand seems a bit complicated as it requires you to connect to your router. However, if I tell my wife I'm saving on the deal, she might go for it. I always thought that satellite had a better picture than cable. I should check out dishnetwork to see what they are offering these days.

We have dish with two dual tuner HD/DVR's. The on demand works great. The hookup to my router was very easy and works as advertised. It is also easy to hook up external drives to my DVR's to augment storage. Overall we are quite satisfied with it.

We have dish with two dual tuner HD/DVR's. The on demand works great. The hookup to my router was very easy and works as advertised. It is also easy to hook up external drives to my DVR's to augment storage. Overall we are quite satisfied with it.

When you say dish, I assume you mean dishnetwork? I also assume that for on demand, the connection is between each box you want to have on demand and the router? If I'm correct I would have to have a wireless bridge for each box that I want to have on demand.

When you say dish, I assume you mean dishnetwork? I also assume that for on demand, the connection is between each box you want to have on demand and the router? If I'm correct I would have to have a wireless bridge for each box that I want to have on demand.

Yes. Yes. and Yes. I have a wired connection on one and wireless on the other. The wired is more responsive but both work just fine.