What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Teach took us to a restaurant after taking the test today.

大戸屋 - ootoya. Some sort of chain restaurant. I thought it was going to be the likes of sukiya, matsuya, or yoshinoya. But it wasn't =/. Introduced to me through mentioning the previous type of places.

Had a nice katsudon at ootoya.

IMG_1292-1.JPG

Way better than a failure of one I had 1-2 weeks ago, where the restaurant was clearly selling the visual and not the food.

-- need to find out if i can get some banh mi around here.

Yesterday was Soup Day. Time to reduce the rest of the bone-in spiral cut smoked glazed ham to Lentil Soup. My lentils got sorted, washed, and picked last night and were soaking until this morning. Ham came off the bone and was cubed. Couple pounds of cubed ham ready to be minced:

3731505689_c3ca846405_b.jpg

Bone went into the pot with the lentils, fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt, dried basil, marjoram, thyme, chervil sage, a bump of fresh grated nutmeg, three bay leaves, Hungarian sweet paprika, worchestershire sauce, vegetable bullion cubes, and water. Here

That looks damn good. I generally like split pea for disposal of the ham bone, but maybe we should branch out a little.

The Easter spiral cut smoked ham remnants went into the last batch of Green Split Pea Soup (A/K/A Swedish penicillin). Largely the same recipe. Still have four or five quarts in the freezer. We like all the solids minced up so it's a thick smooth soup. Better than my mother's. :eek:

Skillet Dinner with seasoned dressed green beans with almonds.

The Skillet:

3741192836_82892e9209_b.jpg

The beans:

3740398131_739c7bd0df_b.jpg

The plate:

3740399211_bb564eb654_b.jpg

Once again, the candle was lit. The potatoes were seasoned with Pensey's Northwoods Fire. The sausage was chicken with spinach and feta. SWMBO said it was the best yet. Glass was full (momentarily) of pinot grigio. Not shown: Heinz 57. Also not shown: drooling spaniels. :D

The Pa's slowly getting famous whole wheat cracker crust pre-cooked four minutes at 400F, EVOO, minced marlic, grilled chicken sausage with spinach and feta, chopped white onions, sliced mushrooms, sudried tomatoes in olive oil, crumbled bacon, italian herbs, sheep milk feta, spinach, mozarella. Bon Appetit!

The Pa's slowly getting famous whole wheat cracker crust pre-cooked four minutes at 400F, EVOO, minced marlic, grilled chicken sausage with spinach and feta, chopped white onions, sliced mushrooms, sudried tomatoes in olive oil, crumbled bacon, italian herbs, sheep milk feta, spinach, mozarella. Bon Appetit!

Thanks Old Pa. That sounds fantastic