What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

4346646183_8b88066e78_b.jpg

The Pa's New Taters and Sausage Skillet; new red potatoes sauteed in EVOO with Penzey's Northwoods Fire seasoning, chopped green onions, and chopped flatleaf Italian parsley at the end. Chicken and apple sausages sauteed in EVOO. Steamed dressed Brocolli with fresh cracked black pepper and seasalt. Glass of cab.

The Pa's New Taters and Sausage Skillet; new red potatoes sauteed in EVOO with Penzey's Northwoods Fire seasoning, chopped green onions, and chopped flatleaf Italian parsley at the end. Chicken and apple sausages sauteed in EVOO. Steamed dressed Brocolli with fresh cracked black pepper and seasalt. Glass of cab.
Looks fantastic! And +1 on the Penzey's products. We're big fans.

And +1 on the Penzey's products. We're big fans.

You are too kind. I'm lucky to have a couple of Penzey's stores in the area, one along a regular errand route. Very pleasant places with helpful cordial staffs. Alongside most the bagged and bottled herbs and spices, they have small stoppered jars so that you can get a whiff of the product. This means so much more than words when deciding between several otherwise comparable products (ie. the chili powders, the curry powders, or the several european herb blends). Good Stuff!

Penzey's sure spoiled me. Their stuff is so vastly more vivid than what we get elsewhere, it's hard to be satisfied with anything else. Now that we're in the UK it's harder to get their goods (I think last time we got them shipped via a helpful Stateside relative), but we go with Penzey's when we can.

Any cooks here who don't know Penzey's yet, treat yourself. The products are really good. It's like going up a solid level or two in some audio system component, but way less expensive.

The Pa's Moroccan Chicken with preserved lemons, chickpeas, olives, raisins, and currants over seasoned basmati rice garnished with fresh chopped cilantro. Steamed brocolli and a glass of cab on the side.

4343234123_39ae40ca8d_b.jpg

Note: Since I participate in a cooking forum, they drafted me to participate in cookware testing on the basis of my cooking and Pix. The black Le Creuset 2.75 quart round french oven is the first pot they sent me to test, review and keep. :D