What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

For the third Friday in Lent, I fixed SWMBO Baked Cod Supper:

4391922749_0f12e7f18e_b.jpg

Filets of cod were salted and peppered before being coasted with a 50/50 mix of French dijon mustard and non-fat mayo seasoned with dried tarragon and minced garlic before being covered with Japanese panko breadcrumbs and baked for 25 minutes at 350F. Served with loaded baked potatoes (from the same 350F oven, wish I had some fresh chives, but the garden is still months away :mad:) and steamed dressed pea pods seasoned with fresh cracked black pepper and seasoning salt. Glass of pinot grigio on the side. Not so bad, as religious observations go. :D

Classic Coq au Vin! Got a couple of nice organic five pound roasters and performed my ten-piece long division upon them. Prepped the other ingredients; garlic, onion, shallots, baby bella mushrooms, pearl onions, bacon, wine and chicken broth, thyme and bay leaf and got out my big French oval cast iron oven.

Here’s the seasoned chicken waiting for the bacon to slow render to crispies:

4413609625_fbbbd69efa_b.jpg

Once the bacon was rendered and the crispies reserved, we got about browning the chicken pieces in the bacon fat:

4413606533_f005c3ca9a_b.jpg

Then it was reserve the browned chicken, pour off most of the bacon fat and saut

Oooh. I sense a HC outing!

Works for me. We'll have to see how many are interested and the timeframes. Any night works but Friday and Saturdays can be a bitch to get in. The place is very small. Luckily my alcoholism has made me a regular so I might be able to set up some special arrangements.

The food menu has some regular items and quite a few changeable items depending on the chef's mood. And the beer menu will have 6 to 10 of Three Floyds' own beers, 6 to 8 guest drafts and probably 20 or so guest bottled beer. And Pabst Blue Ribbon in cans. :)

OP's Garbage Pizza with EVOO/minced garlic/chopped white onion/sliced baby bella mushrooms/sun-dried tomatoes/herbed roasted turkey/crumbled bacon/feta cheese/fresh baby spinach/mozarella/provolone on a herbed whole-wheat cracker crust. Glass of pinot grigio to wash the whole mess down.