Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

After I redesigned the boards, one of my Winter Texan buddies had a nice template set made for me from 3/8" aluminum. So I now can cut my boards close to size, then use the router template to finish them up, so they're all exactly the same. Then the template for drilling the holes the same.

The set in the pic is White Oak with a Purple Heart inlay. I just buy cribbage pegs online, in different colors.

Edited by swt61

6 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

I have seen that one before. The individual boards make more sense to me, as you can adjust for the number of players. And it's easier to store. I had a custom leather bag made to hold my set. And my Mom's old set fits in there perfect, as all my boards are the exact same size.

Al's Sister wants my own previous set. She probably wants to practice to be able to beat me!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swt61 said:

I have seen that one before. The individual boards make more sense to me, as you can adjust for the number of players. And it's easier to store. I had a custom leather bag made to hold my set. And my Mom's old set fits in there perfect, as all my boards are the exact same size.

Al's Sister wants my own previous set. She probably wants to practice to be able to beat me!

Super cool! Yeah itā€™s all about the 8ā€™s and 9ā€™s (well and the Jokers).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I am trying to figure out if this wheel:

IMG_2841.jpeg

will fit on this angle grinder:

https://www.metabo-hpt.com/us/main-navigation/item/g12sr4-6-2-amp-4-1-2-angle-grinder-w-5-abrasive-wheels-Metabo-HPT

But I donā€™t have the angle grinder with me, itā€™s 4.5ā€ vs the 4ā€ diamond blade and I am not sure if the removable arbors can be put back on.. most 4-1/2ā€ seem to be 7/8ā€ anyways so I am probably fine..Ā 

any ideas?

I have about a foot of 1-2ā€ thick Texas limestone (Lauder) need to trim off on my footpath and donā€™t want to buy another blade :)Ā this one might be too small but I am going to give it a shot and see if I can just chisel the rest off..

It should fit fine. The Metabo is the new name for Hitachi, and I know that the older Hitachi grinders used the standard wheels.

Ā 

Ā 

I believe that you can even use the newer Xlock wheels, but can't use regular wheels on a Xlock grinder. I have both kinds, and love the quick change of the Xlock system.Ā 

Edited by swt61
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swt61 said:

No help here.

Jeff will suggest C4 again.Ā 

I donā€™t think I know what that is. I suppose I can buy a smaller clamp and just pull the mechanism off of it. I need something that be both a spreader and a clamper. These are quite old - we used them on the corner horns. I filled the warrantee with Bessey just now, we will see what they do.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:54 PM, swt61 said:

It should fit fine. The Metabo is the new name for Hitachi, and I know that the older Hitachi grinders used the standard wheels

It fit! Thanks! I opted to not test it out .. but ready when I feel up to it.

I submitted the warrantee form as well. I am not in a huge hurry but come Jan if I havenā€™t heard back, I think I will just order the EZS in a smaller capacity and move it into the larger bar.. that seems easy enough.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...